Smell the desperation :-)

Surely that can't be *that* long-a trip is it? Anyway, I had Chris on the insurance as well, but not Mark as he was still 24 (or maybe 23 actually) and my insurance company wouldn't cover him. I did all the driving, except a couple of hours in Italy on the way to Monaco as the altitude and my lack of a plural amount of lungs unfortunately didn't get along very well. At one point I felt particulary bad, an we were in a stationary queue on the Autostrada (I think that's the right word?) so we swapped over. Normally, deep Recaros like the Clio had (not like the ones that are just manufacturers 'sports seats'with the word Recaro on), whilst being amazingly supportive, and VERY comfy for sitting in aren't really much good for sleeping in. I felt so shit though, that I literally got in, and I was asleep before my head hit my Cushtee hehe. I woke 2 hours later, felt better, took the car back, and carried on. We got to Monaco, were very, very disappointed in the fact it was a shithole, found a crap hotel, decided to just go home a day early as there was no point staying. I felt MUCH better the next day, and finally managed to eat for the first time in 3 days... Which made me even better, and super hungry and thirsty heh.

Aside from when I felt tired in the UK on the way home, and tired from being ill in Italy, I was ok for the rest of the journey. We'd have swapped in the UK, but Chris was in no better shape that I was, so we figured, if one of us is binning it then it should be me really, so we'd still be friends afterwards as he wouldn't have wrecked my car :-)

Reply to
DanB

Heh, not at the moment they wouldn't :-) Both BMW and Merc are having a months production downtime aren't they? There was a little bit of vt on the news earlier, showing a Mercedes import compound in California. It was the place that Merc store all their cars before sending them to the dealers, but it didn't say if that was just like, for California or for the whole US. I'd have thought they#d need a few, or at least an east coast and a west coast surely? Anyway, the compount was HUGE, as in, as far as the eye can see. Remember when Rover died, and we were shown the big carparks full of them just sitting there - it was like that, but this 'car park' was far, far, far bigger, probably 10x the size is not 20x. I'm struggling just to explain how big this field of waiting Mercs was, there was just thousands, maybe tens of thousand of them, I dread to think of the value and total rrp sale value of them....

Reply to
DanB

Let me first clarify, this isn't flame bait or anything and I am not joining this war, it's just a simple politics question.

It's gone 4am and I'm watching News 24 which has just mentioned the entire Belgian Government has just resigned. How does that work? It was a coalition of five parties, and they say the new coalition will be made up of the same parties... So as far as I can tell, the government has resigned to apologise for pressuring people investigating their big c*ck-up in letting Fortis die. However, the same people are also going to be the replacement government, and till that happens, the current lot act as caretakers....

Again, I'm NOT joining this flaming rumble, which was interesting reading, this is a genuine question of what's the point? I mean, are they literslly going to all walk outside, then come back in or something...?

Reply to
DanB

Finally. I bet you don't mean it though.

Reply to
AstraVanMann

Sounds simple to me. Resign. Get paid in lieu of notice. Get a bonus for operating as caretaker government on return, get re-elected and give yourselves a big pay rise for re-committing to the cause. How else is a politician going to survive the world financial difficulties?

Reply to
Tim S Kemp

Indeedy! Keep stirring the gearbox...

Reply to
DervMan

I dunno, it's thankfully not a diesel, and will still happily pull strongly-ish (though not multivalve-like top endness) right up to 6500rpm or so. Torque probably tails off after 4.5k, but the engine's spinning faster and power's still being developed.

Reply to
AstraVanMann

Nah, not in the grand scheme of things, probably about 250-300 miles or so. But when you've all been up and about for the whole day, doing random bits of this and that, it's just the usual quite tired at the end of the day thing (especially as the dullest snooker match in the world went on 'til gone midnight), so bloody handy to be able to chop and change like that.

Reply to
AstraVanMann