Some more moderatley nice wantage from the bay of E.

nice but it's missing the R after the GT and about 500cc :)

still nice enough wonder what insurance is like on it

Reply to
Vamp

What's the point? It's a non turbo, appears to have 155bhp hence it's not really a Skyline and there's all manner of more modern cars out there that will out-perform it for the same outlay.

Reply to
SteveH

I could see the appeal if it at least looked like a GTR...

As it is, it's slow and ugly...

Reply to
DanTXD

Crap. Non turbo 2 litre. At least get a 2 litre turbo. Or the 2.6 twin turbo which is the pick of the bunch. I miss mine. The GTR also has heaps wider guards and looks much meaner.

Fraser

Reply to
Fraser Johnston

It's the Nissan Skyline's equivalent to a 1.3 Capri! Fit only to donate spares to it's betters.

Peter Hill

In what way is it not a Skyline you knower of all things?

Elder

It's a skyline in the same sense that a model railway bridge is a bridge like the one over sydney harbour.

Fraser

Reply to
Fraser Johnston

Seconded.

A Sierra 1.6 GL autobox is as much Sierra as a Sierra Cosworth. Putting a wing on the 1.6 doesn't make it Cossie.

As to the Skyline of the ad: low miles, 2 liter atmo,in decent nick. So an ordinary every day run-around. Buy it, use it and when used: dump it.

Tom De Moor

Reply to
Tom De Moor

Tidy enough, would probably make a nice runabout. Could be made to look and sound quite tasty I imagine.

Reply to
DanTXD

Even modded, can't cost anywhere near as much as a GT-R to insure. It's got be better than a 2L Ford Scorpio or Vauxhall Omega, at least it's a 6.

Peter Hill

The ad says it is a 1993 Skyline HR32 (november 93), Nissan production of that particular model has ended in 1992.

All in all it makes a car with no exceptional engine (six or four potter I don't care), heavy and no way of "easy" power - read turbo-charged- 13 years old. Don't know about cheap spare parts but good guess is that they are more expensif than Ford/ Opel of that vintage.

The value FOB in Japan is inferior to 1200 US$. Actual bidding is 1600 UKP. Seems fair to me.

I can't see however why you would want to mod it. The only mods it will accept are optical but hey: every one does as he likes. If the future owner wants "a better sounding exhaust" I will happily sell him a drill ;-)

Tom De Moor

Reply to
Tom De Moor

This is the way I see it:

It's a rare, old, weird spec. Jap import. Parts will be a nightmare to get hold of (because it's not a turbo lump). It's not going to be *that* quick or handle *that* well, as it's a 'cooking' model.

For similar kinds of money, there's all sorts of officially imported kit

- early 200SX (which sort of looks like a Skyline, but goes like f*ck), Corrado, E30 318iS or 325 Sport, Alfa GTV, Fiat Coupe etc - all of which will go equally as well, handle equally as well and be cheaper to maintain.

IMHO, anyway.

Reply to
SteveH

It's a run arround. It'd doo.

Reply to
Elder

I would have to agree with most of you, its an old dated wreck, a 4 pot, no turbo, and its prob an auto(I didnt take much notice), and it must weigh nearly 1 1/2 tonns, I know mine does, but I have the R33 2.5T powering it, so no problems.

Sorry but I absolutely hate the R32 shape, Id rather be dirty and have a chavvy RS turbo than that...

Reply to
StevieB

i LOVE the R32 shape the most out of all of them but it has to have the GTR kit to look it's best! the R33 i found ugly to rounded lost it's aggressive look! the R34 got it right again

i've always wanted a dark grey R32 GTR running a nice road worthy 400bhp or a turbo'd AE86 but that's a different thread topic!

as you can tell i laped up initial d the movie :)

Reply to
Vamp

Swap dark grey for silver and I had one. : )

Fraser

Reply to
Fraser Johnston

The R34 shape is nice in pictures and on screen, but when you stand next to one and the boot lid (of a lowered one) came upto my waist, you realise just how huge a car ity is for the small interior space. An R32 looks compact in comparison and is nice and dainty. A late S14 is a nice shape but needs a wide body kit though.

Reply to
Elder

An R32 is not really a small car. R33s are pretty big.

Fraser

Reply to
Fraser Johnston

No not really small, but seems tiny compared to an R34, especially the back end. Anyway, I would a 240K GT with a modernish 4wd and turbo engine and drivetrain from a later Skyline installed. that would be my kind of compromise.

Reply to
Elder