Speaking of riceboys...look what i got :)

Can anyone identify the engine?

Chet

Fuck me, that's ugly.

I reckon it's a Prelude 2.2 VTEC in there, if it's not standard.

Reply to
SteveH

As i remember reading in Max Power a few years ago, the 2.2 Vtec goes straight in, i'm gonna say that too, because it looks like a very 'Max' inspired car :)

Reply to
DanTXD

Bah!

Doubt its a 2.2, not quick enough. Feels quicker than it should be tho

Reply to
Chet

You were reading max power?

Reply to
Chet

I said a few years ago :) I was only young (like, 16, 17 young) and it wasn't my magazine, i parted with no money for it :)

Reply to
DanTXD

Standard VTi 1.6 makes 160bhp dunnit?

Reply to
DanTXD

I dunno, still a bit dodgy... :P

Reply to
Chet

Just ask Racers Edge if they built it ;) Or find one of its mags features you lazy irish :D

Reply to
DanTXD

LOL i told you i'd rather just sit here and have someone tell me :)

Reply to
Chet

in news: snipped-for-privacy@individual.net, "Chet" slurred :

No, VTi started in old shape civic. I think the first ones were in '89-90, so yours must be one of them. I could be wrong, but I have the feeling that some of pre '91 cars had the 150BHP lump used in the crx, rather than the 160BHp lump normally used in the VTi.

Of course it could just be a boggo 130Bhp 1.6i 16v - they were surprisingly sprightly when you poked them.

Reply to
Albert T Cone

1.6 16v DOHC D16A, supersprint manifold, gasflowed and balanced
Reply to
Chet

The engine code seems to suggest 127bhp so i think you're right at 130. Its not bad at all tho!

Reply to
Chet

a civic?

Reply to
dojj

You had to ask? I thought it'd be right up your street with the mish-mash of honda parts not designed for the car ;)

Reply to
Chet

OI! at least he's not making a warrantly claim though :P

or is he?

Reply to
dojj

Hehee no, you might have a case but that civic most certainly doesn't!

Reply to
Chet

In case you were wondering, Max Power is very wrong in that count.

Reply to
matt