Spooks

Just watched the first episodes of the new series (UKNOVA'd for SWTHINKSMBO as she missed it while we were in Italy) and the new chap has an R34 Skyline "Watch the accelerator on that, it's got a 280bhp twin turbo" cheeese!

I was really hoping for a mega car chase dammit! All we got was Martine McCutcheon playing a chav (not acting at all then) who was really digging the R34.

And what kind of a lame ass wimp keeps it standard? Hope we see more of the Skyline in future episodes and getting all gadgeted up and used in some amazing car chases.

Reply to
fishman

Someone with good taste?

Hope we see more of

= chavved up...

and used in

This is the BBC. They won't risk totalling a Skyline. All BBC car chases involve 20 year old Escorts that they picked up at Bangers-R-Us for a fiver.

Reply to
Halmyre

Nope, that was rogue traders last night.

Reply to
NeedforSwede2

You can increase an R34 to 500bhp+ easily without any external modifications, or 'chavving up'.

Reply to
getbent

Halmyre I meant tuned up in the engine output sense rather than the chavved up sense.

When I said gadgeted up I didn't mean chavved up I meant with all kinds of cool spy stuff (not James Bond standard with invisibility and ejector seats but realistic stuff).

Stop being such a weirdo!

Reply to
fishman

Or if they need something posh looking a series 3 XJ6 Jag. Every time I see one in a movie I turn to the wife and say "Soon another jag will be gone from this world. And good riddance."

Fraser

Reply to
Fraser Johnston

Like a trust T88 turbo conversion, OS Giken 3 litre block and triple plate clutch. And a nice Apexi computer to run it all.

Fraser

Reply to
Fraser Johnston

yeah i know where that place is as well scary! had a few dodgy traders at work. can always tell the really dodgy ones as they ask us about our in house closed auction thing and when we say 'yeah we just need a letter head with you're VAT number and a utility bill to confirm the address' the dodgy ones never return :)

Reply to
Vamp

You don't need to be VAT registered until you turn over more than £58k

Reply to
¤¤¤ Abo ¤¤¤

Not hard to do if you're flogging used motors.

Reply to
SteveH

BBC can't be seen endorsing speed, they've already got Top Gear doing that!

Reply to
Tim S Kemp

Hey I'm not weird! I'm as normal as anyone else on here...

Reply to
Halmyre

£60k for this fiscal...
Reply to
Andy Connolly

What's amazing is someone who works for the Secret Service thinks that is a good car to drive round in... Bearing in mind you are meant to notice them but not remember them, blend in amongst a crowd, etc etc

Reply to
Andy Connolly

No Comment ;-)

Reply to
Stuart Gray

Well it was a black skyline and not the standard metallic blue of UK spec cars.

Reply to
fishman