SWMBO's new commuter and what to do with my 309 ?

SWMBO seems to have found a new daily commuter - a VX Zafira. £2.5k on an X. It's a 1.6 which is fine since she's got 9 points on her licence and I can just about insure it.

That'll keep her happy and means I can get my usual transport back.

Which leaves me with the 309 I bought a couple of weeks ago. It's done the miles I need (nearly 1000 and still going strong even with virtually no clutch). I don't need it so ...

  1. Stick it back on eBay and flog it. No matter what I get I'll make a profit since I've earnt four times what the car cost me in mileage.

  1. Chav it or give it to the locals on the housing association estate next door, who'll do pretty much the same.

  2. Keep it as an emergency (and hope the clutch doesn't give way).

  1. Freecycle it or donate it to some poor sad loser who collects French junk. Oh - and that sad loser might also be interested in:
    which is a LHD Citroen Visa on French plates and a wierd set of controls. Which should I do?

David

Reply to
David Lane

This one.

Only if you want it ragging around your neighbourhood by a pissed chav at 3am......

Nah, too many costs to keep it on the road.

Possible, but I'd go with ebay myself.

It's not a GTI, therefore I don't want it ;-)

Reply to
SteveH

You could try your local collage see if they do a maintenance course and hand it over to them. After something's been in the workshop at most places for a couple of years it's totally shagged as everything's been off and back on so many times it's a joke when it comes to things like head bolts.

Reply to
Depresion

I'll have it if it's going free. I could do with some French junk in my life. I used to borrow one off a mate at uni and remember they could be quite entertaining to drive. There's always the option of dropping the

1.9 lump in there.

James

Reply to
James Grabowski

You could try dropping it in, but it would fall straight back out again. You have to try dropping in engine, subframe, gearbox, driveshafts, exhuast, rad, hubs, wishbones, ARB, struts, ecu, loom, instrument panel, fuel tank and probably some other stuff if you wanted it to work!

The TU6J4 lump from a 106 GTi would go in a little bit easier.

Reply to
Carl Gibbs

Those controls look perfectly normal to me...

Richard

Reply to
RichardK

Hell, that's the powerful upmarket version of the Visa[1], I had the 652cc twin pot. And the controls, believe it or not, work really well. The baked bean can means you can operate just about every major control without taking your hands off the steering wheel.

[1] OK, it's not the most powerful upmarket version, that honour goes to this one with its mighty 80bhp
Steve Firth

That sounds like far to much work. I was expecting it to be fairly simple.

That just sounds like it would be expensive.

James

Reply to
James Grabowski

Differently family of engines I'm afraid - assuming of course the said 309 has a TU engine like I thought it does.

Yep :)

Reply to
Carl Gibbs

Nope - it's got the G1A engine - the old Simca one!

David

Reply to
David Lane

Eeeeek, well that'll just make things even more difficult then :)

Reply to
Carl Gibbs

It *would* do, you wierdo :P

Reply to