That was a nice touch

Picked up the Passat from Newport VW earlier.

As part of the service, there were 3 minor recalls to carry out.

On collection, the service manager gave me a bottle of champagne as a 'goodwill gesture' due to the inconvenience caused by the recalls. (Wasn't inconvenient, 'cos it was done as part of my service..... so a big 'well done' to Newport VW for handing over the bottle of booze anyway)

Reply to
SteveH

You forgot the quotes, as in "Champagne" ;)

Reply to
Tony Bond

Lanson Black Label. Proper stuff.

Reply to
SteveH

Post corrected.

They may as well have given you a bottle of Asda Charlemagne...

Reply to
Pete M

Since when were Scousers experts on the stuff. I thought the closest you lot got to champagne was Lambrini..... although Black Label would be more appropriate for that neck of the woods.

Anyway, it's about 25 quid a bottle in Tescos, so I'm more than happy with that.

Reply to
SteveH

Lambrini, sponsors of the Welsh women's hockey team. Wouldn't they have a good idea of their market?

cheers, clive

Reply to
Clive George

Lambrini is actually knocked together somewhere in Kirkby, doesn't mean I drink it.

Besides, a Manc living in a South Welsh sink estate really shouldn't be judging Scousers.

Naturally, it's below average quality stuff with an above average price tag. Has it got a soft touch bottle?

Reply to
Pete M

*snort*

*everyone* has the right to judge Scousers.

Reply to
SteveH

Everyone apart from you.

Reply to
Pete M

Well, at least I can console myself that I don't live in a pikey shitehole like Liverpool.

It's the carbuncle on the arse of humanity up there.

Reply to
SteveH

Oh FFS can't you spout off about your standard barge elsewhere? Like the VW newsgroups. Or the Alfa newsgroups. Or anywhere but this one, eh?

Reply to
DervMan

Guys, guys... there's no need to squabble - it *all* taste like crap :)

Reply to
Lordy.UK

To be fair though, if this group was modded cars only, there would be about

1 post a year :-)
Reply to
Iridium

Heh. Maybe.

Reply to
DervMan

I put a GTi steering wheel on the Puglet yesterday. Woooooooooooo!

Might polybush some of the Volvo this morning if I can be arsed. Double woooooooooooo for me!

Then this afternoon I'm getting drunk and playing on a bouncy castle. Triple woooooooooooo!

Reply to
Carl Gibbs

In news: snipped-for-privacy@mid.individual.net, Carl Gibbs wittered on forthwith;

Apart from the Granada - which is donating its innards this week, I don't own an unmodified vehicle at the moment, triple woo with extra mayo!

Reply to
Pete M

Bit better than a Welsh sink estate, methinks.

Reply to
Pete M

Have you ever thought it might be a _really_ bad idea to start a pissing competition over this?

Reply to
SteveH

Nope.

I *own* my house, it's *paid for*, it's not in South Wales. I win.

Reply to
Pete M

Well, so do I. But I live 15 mins from the Brecon Beacons National Park.

I know where I'd rather live.

Reply to
SteveH