The joys of motoring.

Last Sunday I spent the best part of 8 hours changing all the fannymould gaskets on the Rangie with my mate.

Today I spent an hour changing the gasket on the turbo link pipe

Guess who's got to change the gasket again because guesswork means the gasket I fitted is around 1/4" too bloody big.

Never guess what gasket ./might/ fit just by looking at the outside of the joint.

Fuxake.

The link pipe goes from the NS manifold to the OS manifold and feeds the turbo. It's the only pipe from the NS manifold. When the gasket between the link pipe and the OS manifold blows it has a few interesting effects - zero turbo boost (gas escapes from both manifolds through it instead of going through the turbo) and it makes the Rangie sound like a top fuel dragster. It also removes most of the power.

A Range Rover with low compression pistons, a camshaft optimised for a turbo and a massive exhaust blow is not much fun but at least my temporary gasket has restored about 5 psi of boost.

Why do I get the feeling my entire summer is going to be spent changing gaskets?

Reply to
Pete M

It's a Land Rover, every gasket is supposed to leak, how else are you going to stop the chassis rusting ?

Reply to
Geoff