the new M5 engine

I am looking forward to hearing one of these....

dribble

Theo

That's gonna be one expensive lump to look after...

I want one.

Reply to
Tim S Kemp

Nice.

I particularly like the throttle-bodies-as-standard, and the stainless exhaust. It's time other manufacturers started doing the same.

Reply to
Nom

wonder if that'll squeeze into a MK1 MR2? :)

Reply to
Vamp

Niiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiice :D

I have sat nav :)

Reply to
Dan405

I know.

Reply to
Tim S Kemp

I think my speedo is more accurate than yours as well ;)

Good chippy innit there?

Reply to
Dan405

In news:iT2Fc.1586$ snipped-for-privacy@news-text.cableinet.net, Theo decided to enlighten our sheltered souls with a rant as follows

V10's *ROCK*....

I know, I drive one :-D

Reply to
Pete M

But 'your's' is a pushrod truck motor though :-)

The thing s that please me most about the BMW V10

1) Individual throttle bodies 2) No flat plane crank - they make V engines sound terrible ( Compare a TVR cerbera to any Rover engined TVR ) 3) 8,250 rpm rev limit. In a 5.0 V10 Ferrgawdsakes. - OK, it's about half what an F1 engine does, but the new M5 probably weighs well over a ton and a half

I wonder how really ruinous an older M5 would be to run. They're available for under 5 grand these days. Wonder how much financial carnage there is if you need a top end rebuild ?

Reply to
Bob Sherunckle

I'm thinking E36 350 V10

make a badge for the boot and everything, I suppose you would have to use an M to begin with, bleh! its a ludicrous project anyway......

Reply to
Theo

The best - they've got a restaurant on the A64 just outside of york too. Not always as good

Reply to
Tim S Kemp

So now your car tells you where to go, too, eh? :)

Reply to
DervMan

My ex-boss has had one on order for ages. :) He's recently replaced his mere 400 PS M5 with the current 530d (heh), oh *and* a Ka I should point out, too.

My favourite bit is where it explains how it'll manage an increase of 25% performance over the old M5. Now don't get me wrong, the outgoing M5 isn't exactly a lightweight, but I'm sorry, with 400 PS (running on superunleaded) it felt scarily quick. Intimidating. "Pick any gear, we're leaving this party" rings a bell. :)

Good job I'm on good terms with the old company, eh? :)

Reply to
DervMan

In news:cc5o1f$eml$ snipped-for-privacy@sparta.btinternet.com, Bob Sherunckle decided to enlighten our sheltered souls with a rant as follows

But, but,.... it's OHC...

Reply to
Pete M

The Indian place ? Used to be "Flamingoland Arms" or something ?

Reply to
Nom

I suspect the figure is somewhere around the 100% mark.

Approximately Iraq level ?

Reply to
Nom