The XO Factor

= XANTHENE OXIDASE

WHAT IS HOMOGENIZATION?

When milk is passed through a fine filter at pressures equal to 4,000 pounds per square inch, the fat globules (liposomes) are made smaller (micronized) by a factor of 10 times or more. These fat molecules become evenly dispersed within the liquid milk.

Milk is a hormonal delivery system. With homogenization, milk becomes a very powerful and efficient way of bypassing normal digestive processes and delivering steroid and protein hormones to the human body. Homogenization is technology's way of improving upon nature's mechanism.

Through homogenization, fat molecules in milk become smaller and become "capsules" for substances that bypass digestion. Proteins would normally be digested in the stomach or gut. By homogenizing milk, these proteins are not broken down and are absorbed into the bloodstream, intact.

Two Connecticut heart researchers, Oster and Ross, demonstrated that cow proteins survive digestion. Their heart patients developed antibodies to bovine proteins after consuming homogenized milk. This proved that milk proteins are not destroyed by digestion. Hormones in milk are protected, survive digestion, and exert powerful effects on the human body.

The scientific community believes that the survival of protein hormones after ingestion is not possible because of the strength of stomach acid and enzymatic activity. Oster and Ross pointed a finger of blame at the homogenization process. They discovered the presence of an enzyme, bovine xanthene oxidase (XO), which, in theory, should not have survived digestion. The XO Factor was identified as the element that destroyed one-third of the cellular material in atrial cells of 300 heart attack victims during a five-year study.

"Bovine milk is presently under investigation by this laboratory since it has been shown that milk antibodies are significantly elevated in the blood of male patients with heart disease."

Proceedings of the Society for Experimental Biology and Medicine, 163:

1981

"Bovine milk xanthene oxidase (BMXO) may be absorbed and may enter the cardiovascular system. People with clinical signs of atherosclerosis have greater quantities of BMXO antibodies. BMXO antibodies are found in greater quantities in those patients who consume the largest volumes of homogenized milk and milk products."

The X-O Factor, by Kurt Oster, M.D., and Donald Ross, Ph.D.

"Atherosclerotic patients exhibit an immune response to bovine xanthene oxidase."

American Laboratory, August 1974

"This study conclusively demonstrates that XO from cow's milk does get into the bloodstream. Seventy-three out of the 94 people tested (of all ages) had antibodies to XO."

Proc. Soc. Exp. Bio. Med., 160, 1979

Robert Cohen author of: MILK A-Z (201-871-5871) Executive Director ( snipped-for-privacy@notmilk.com) Dairy Education Board

Do you know of a friend or family member with one or more of these milk-related problems? Do them a huge favor and forward the URL or this entire file to them.

Do you know of someone who should read these newsletters? If so, have them send an empty Email to snipped-for-privacy@yahoogroups.com and they will receive it (automatically)!

Reply to
·excitecom

·George Lagergren

So far, this is (mostly) correct.

Oops! This fear-mongering statement is false, and irrelevant to the subject at hand.

No, it does not.

No, milk proteins do not become encapsulated in "fat molecules" in milk. (The fat GLOBULES in homogenized milk are much larger than molecules, and contain no proteins.)

Protein molecules are much too large to be absorbed across the walls of the intestinal microvilli. So are the much larger fat globules, of course.

They're not "heart researchers", they are anti-milk zealots.

Even if the claim of antibodies were true, it would prove nothing about protein digestion.

And these "powerful effects" are observed only by anti-milk whackos.

Heart attacks primarily affect the cardiac ventricles, not the atria. The cellular destruction that occurs is caused by ischemia (insufficient oxygen), not by xanthene oxidase. Xanthene oxidase is an enzyme in the liver that usually is not found in the bloodstream. When it is, it's the result of liver damage, not milk consumption.

1974!? 1979!? That's ancient history!

It doesn't look like Oster and Ross have made a discovery that has held up in the bright light of science.

--Rich

Reply to
·Rich

To see why cow's milk may not be suitable for humans, check out these web sites:

and
. Drinking cow's milk gave me strep throats.

Reply to
·George Lagergren

You don't even specifiy exactly what brand and kind of milk you drank. Do you realize what causes strep throats? The milk could be a co-factor, presumably, but your claim is ridiculous. I'd advise you learn some basic biochemistry. You could also read Bruce Fife's book "Saturated fat may save your life." There are a few minor errors, but it's good for those who want a fairly easy read, but one with some scientific substance.

Reply to
·montygram

Other good books are: "The Deadly Poison" and "Milk: A to Z." See

.

I used regular grocery store purchased cow's milk (2% fat). I know strep throats is a germ. But cow's milk consumption produces heavy mucus and mucus tends to cause germs to stay in the human body. Thus cow's milk drinkers may get health conditions like ear infections and strep throats and maybe asthma / lung congestion.

If the person eliminates dairy (including cow's milk) products from their diet, those health problems just may dis-appear. I have not drank any form of cow's milk in the past ten years and I don't get strep throats anymore.

I have a chiro doc (& nutritionist) friend who has his young daughter drinking rice milk. He fears she could develop type 1 diabetes from drinking cow's milk.

A google search on ("cow's milk") and (ear infection) may produce some good hits.

Reply to
·George Lagergren

I used to think the same thing. I switched to a vegan diet and stayed on it for about 14 years, until I lost the ability to digest food, which almost killed me. Now I eat large amounts of dairy, all organic: cream cheese, raw cheese, plain whole-milk yogurt, butter, whey powder, and (rarely) milk or cream. I will not eat anything that has been homogenized. I haven't been sick for a couple of years now, after always getting at least a nasty cold twice a year while on the vegan diet. There are many ways you can depress your "immune system," and I don't know all the details, but you are describing (mucus, strep, diabetes) makes absolutely no sense. I've done the research, and there's just little or nothing to support such claims. On the other hand, there is real science (meaning you can search pubmed.com and read actual scientific papers, not what your local chiropractor says) behind the damage done by free radical mediated processes; physiological (e.g., Braganza's work on several internal organs), biochemical (Spiteller and many others) and epidemiological (measuring things like MDA levels and then making correlations). Fatty acid expert Mary Enig has noted that any non-whole milk or homogenized product is bad news. If there is a study that demonstrates, controlling for all other variables, that raw, organic, whole dairy has unhealthy properties, please cite it. Otherwise, you are using anecdotes as a substitute for the scientific method. I run into this all the time. Someone reads one or two studies, and then think that no other scientist ever did any experiment that relates to the issue, when in fact there is usually so much evidence that it's difficult to read it all, even on one subject, such as the fatty acid known as arachidonic - hundreds, if not thousands of studies just on this one fatty acid. If you want to make "expert" claims, then at least read a good portion of the relevant literature (assuming there is any) and get a grasp on the underlying mechanisms. Otherwise, you're just "cherry picking," but in the case of your claims, I doubt that there is anything beyond the usually nonsense epidemiology, where they claim that the group consuming more dairy (which isn't even verified) had .07% more diabetes (though the other group may have died of other things instead). If you want to rely on this kind of garbage, be my guest, but if you find yourself in the same place I was in several years ago, that is, eating whole grains, beans, nuts, and seeds, and losing my ability to digest food, just don't say you were never warned about it.

Reply to
·montygram

stayed

organic:

powder,

subject,

Good overview. I agree that probiotic dairy is perfectly healthy. What in your vegan diet do you think compromised your digestion? Do you think you may have developed allergic reactions following too limited a selection of foods?

Reply to
·PeterB

produces

infections and

dairy does increase mucus and the proteins and hormones which become systemic overload the immune system's antibody defense. normally our immune system keeps germ and virus such as strep, colds, flu under control but when the antibodies become overwhelmed by invading whole proteins from dairy then the diseases are able to make us sick.

diabetes

Reply to
·canadacom