Thinking about buying a new car...

Good choice. If you find one with and real rust, then it's been in a smash and badly repaired.

Reply to
SteveH

How come replying to you have i have to put all the > in place myself?

Yay, get a 405, they're cheap, and are good :)

Reply to
DanTXD

Exactly, it is completely un-economical to insure yourself untill you are

21-25 especially if you are a student. Just running my Golf 1.3 I average £45-50 a week, and I only earn £100 from my job. Once I get a full time job I will be straight on my own insurance but untill then I can't afford £1k+ a year, if I want to drive a car that I actually like to drive.
Reply to
REMUS

FRAUD.

You've obviously read his parents policy then. Becuase when i did it, it definately wasnt fraud

Reply to
Carl Gibbs

hehe very true, i'll take a look. Cheers mate.

Reply to
REMUS

In your first year of driving, it's very likely that you will have a shunt and damage your first car. Therefore, the Daiooh is not a bad idea as if that should happen, you will feel quite pleased about the accident.

Reply to
Questions

I did always wonder how easy it would be to fit an Astra GTE 16v engine into these things...... they're cheap as chips and there's a lot of nice condition rot-free ones around. Certainly worth a thought if GTEs are your thing.

Actually, I always thought that Daewoo should have done that anyway.

Reply to
SteveH

Thanks everyone for their input and everything but it looks like i'm gonna be driving the Daewoo. I can put "That'll be the Daewoo" into my sig now lol!

Reply to
REMUS

The old ones were poor quality for sure.

------------------------------------------------ "We are all individuals" "I'm not!"

Reply to
Carl Smith

My gearbox went on my 97R GSi @ about 60k.

------------------------------------------------ "We are all individuals" "I'm not!"

Reply to
Carl Smith

Yeah, but the car infront will be a Toyota.

Reply to
Sleeker GT Phwoar

Get the original 1.5 up and running, get some no claims on it, find a stolen or rusted out Asta GTE, put it on the field, pull it apart, and rebuild the engine in the barn, get a few decent books on head porting, buld a properly balanced balls out engine with a megasquirt and throttle bodies and decent cam profiles, then put it in and upgrade the brakes and suspension the GTE fast road spec at the same time, and get a decent stainless exhaust made to fit it.

Leave the Deawoo badges on, and make sure that the alloys don't look too out of place.

Reply to
Sleeker GT Phwoar

in news: snipped-for-privacy@news.giganews.com, Conor slurred :

I don't understand this. Named drivers are as entitled to be the main driver as the policyholder is, and you don't have to specify who the main driver is.

Reply to
Albert T Cone

I'll see how it goes, but thats pretty much what I was going to do except I was hoping a GTE system would fit.

But its definately a plan :)

Reply to
REMUS

If they are the main driver, then yes.

If they're not the main driver, then they won't be listed as the main driver.

Reply to
Nom

I was on my mums insurance policy, her as a named driver, me as the main driver, being on her policy with her named as a possible driver made it cheaper.

Dan

Reply to
DanTXD