Thinking of modding the 924...

with

Alright, you can stop it now!

;)

Chris.

Reply to
Chris B

Well, I dunno, I haven't been able to find much out about any VW LT vans with a four-cylinder petrol block... other than it existed in some form or other!

I'm thinking I might research this megasquirt a bit more.. looks like fun, and I'd be able to build it up and get it running before I start thinking about throttle bodies. Would be cool to get static ignition as well.

Chris.

Reply to
Chris B

The 2.5 was an entirely different engine. It was half the 5L V8 from the 928. 16v DOHC and balance shafts to smooth the secondary vibration from the long stroke.

64bhp/l was quite good in the early 80's. Most cars at that time produced about 50 bhp/l, it was only sports models with twin carbs that could come close or exceed 60bhp/l. My '82 Celica 2.0XT only made 108bhp so that's 54bhp/l. '78 Nissan Bluebird 1.8GL coupe produced 105bhp so that was 58bhp/l, compared to the non sports saloon and estate models it had twin SU's, a high lift cam, bigger inlet and exhaust valves.

Typical petrol cars are producing about 60bhp/l, better sports models are around 75bhp/l, while sports cars with VTEC or VVTi are now running around 100bhp/l.

Peter Hill

Be quiet, you're making me think of a remapped Volvo 360...

Reply to
Doki

Right. So a one off Porsche design?

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

The 2.5 used in the 924S from 1986 onwards (there wasn't a 2.0 available after '85) was the same engine as used in the 944 and is a Porsche design.. although I think I read it was detuned from the 944 version, because the 924 weighed less (and therefore would've been a faster, cheaper car!).

Chris.

Reply to
Chris B