Today I have mostly been driving

and bloody good fun it was too...

Suppose it is a modded car - based on renault 4..

Reply to
Mike P

Lomax 2CV based ones are supposed to be pretty cool too.

Reply to
Elder

They are. This will be a present for my dad's 60th birthday if I win it. Spent a good hour blatting around country lanes in this yesterday and it really is a hoot. Best part will be delivering it to him though. He lives in Athens... :-)1300 miles in an open top car. With no heater. In Winter.. I've already started on the beard..

Mike P

Reply to
Mike P

Don't forget the backwards flat cap and the glasses, plus the white silk scarf.

Reply to
Elder

I was thinking more along the lines of flying jacket, leather helmet, goggles and beard.. with the silk scarf of course :

Mike

Reply to
Mike P

"Mike P" wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@individual.net:

heh, my Dad had one. The one with Matchless power. He drove it from Aberdeen to London and back in his university days. I can remember him saying that keeping the timing right was a bit of a bugger.

Reply to
Tunku

Love it. Sounds perfect.

Reply to
Elder

Sounds it, but a crash helmet will be worth it's weight in gold, firstly for the sound attenuation but mainly for when it starts hailing. Even rain in your face at 70mph damn well hurts :)

Reply to
Tony Bond (UncleFista)