Tomorrow in Ellesmere Port

Thought I'd start a new thread (though I know people have mentioned what cars they'll be in), so people can post about how they'll identify themselves (or how other people will, I suppose).

Just one thing, is going with a mate in his car against the whole ethos of the day, or should I bring the Carlton along as well?

Anyway, I'll start - I'll be the messy haired looking fella as a passenger in my mate's 03 reg MR2 (Sable - Metallic Grey type colour).

Next?

Peter

Reply to
AstraVanMan

Me!

/waves/

Y'all know what I'll be in - a green Ka. You probably won't notice the modifiKations though.

Reply to
DervMan

Hey, I've got an idea, I might take the Carlton up there and see if they can chuck a brand new shell on it without anyone noticing :-)

Peter

Reply to
AstraVanMan

Ditto. Have programmed Kermit's navigation system. Will either be there about half an hour early, or five minutes late! :)

Reply to
DervMan

yay - you want that lotus running gear and engine too...

Reply to
Tim S Kemp

Tim S Kemp waffled on in a quite bewildering manner to produce...

as stated elsewhere, I'm the big, balding ginger bloke in a Silver Mk2 Golf with the steering wheel on the wrong side.

Reply to
Pete M

/waves back/

Heeeeeeeeyyyyyy (in a Fonz off Happy Days styleeee)

I've just decided I'm going to take the Carlton. My mate Simon and his fiancee are going in his Carlton (2.6 Saloon), and my mate Paul will be along in his MR2.

We're leaving Slough at 8am, so, touch wood we'll be at Chester Services for around 11am.

I wonder what the environmentalists would have to say about all these people polluting the atmosphere unneccessarilly when they could have shared cars (ducks flames).

This will be immense.

I'd better get to bed.

ttfn

Peter

Reply to
AstraVanMan

Nail them all to trees....

... then burn the trees.

Reply to
Tim S Kemp

All trees must die.

Anyway, I thought that most cars clean up the air they suck in these days! :)

Reply to
DervMan

In article , snipped-for-privacy@timkemp.karoo.co.uk spouted forth into uk.rec.cars.modifications...

You joining the Hartshead Convoy.

Reply to
MeatballTurbo

In article , snipped-for-privacy@SwerveWeb.com spouted forth into uk.rec.cars.modifications...

Nope being there is what matters. Come in a shopping trolley with a Sinclair C5 motor if you wish, just be there, and make his day.

Reply to
MeatballTurbo

Im in My Audi, you wont miss me.. Should be with someone in a Vectra..

Ron

Reply to
Ron

In article , snipped-for-privacy@Somewhere.Somewhere spouted forth into uk.rec.cars.modifications...

There were a couple of strip and trackday 600 turbos you would have liked there.

this has got to have been one of the most plugged gatherings on all the car forums.

Still there are plans for more (at least one east year as a memorial for Robin).

Reply to
MeatballTurbo

Yeah, Big G went in his NUTTER (400bhp !) 600 didn't he ?

Don't use forums. Notice here would be fine, if it wasn't 2 days before the event :)

Reply to
Nom

Thing is, unless there's a sign say "100%beef" you don't know whats in the burgers...

They must have made a fortune. I hope they chucked good money in the bucket!

Reply to
Tim S Kemp

Yeah. So do I £400 was raised on the day, so good turnout of pockets there.

Reply to
MeatballTurbo

There is plans for an annual charity memorial meeting, once his time is up.

To remember him, and raise money for a cancer charity, with more time and better planning in advance.

Reply to
MeatballTurbo

A black one, and a dark blue one., both stripped out, one with buckets, one with leather recliners, both stickered up.

Reply to
MeatballTurbo

Very good considering short notice

Reply to
Tim S Kemp

Never realised that! Thought you were a southerner - we all met at hartshead moor...

Reply to
Tim S Kemp