towing trailers

whats the gen on towing a car transporter trailer in relation to the maximum weight of trailer and car in relation to the weight of the towing veichle

just want to stay legal and i'm not too sure what the gen is

Rob

Reply to
Rob

Look in the manual for your towing vehicle.

Unless you have a Land Cruiser Amazon, Range Rover, etc. you're not gonna be able to tow a car on a trailer (unless it's an original Mini, or something else made of paper).

Reply to
Nom

ok nom its a 406 derv estate

towing a stripped out nova on a trailer think that would be ok ? dont have a manual for the 6 but the 405 manual dont mention it

Reply to
Rob

you should be ok towing upto 2/3 of the weight of the towee vehicle (but that includes the trailer) a sierra towing a sierra on a 20 foot trailer means it doesn't get above about 45 mph without some serious sick sickness :)

Reply to
dojj

Heh! Bit like TD Carlton towing V6 Vectra on trailer! Mate of mine broke down in Wales (right near the very end of the M4) and left the car at a garage and got a coach home and we picked it up a week or so later. I was hoping to be able to cruise at around 50-60mph, and needless to say that not feeling safe at anything much more than 40mph meant that we didn't get back home until a good two or so hours later than we'd hoped!

Peter

-- "The truth is working in television is not very glamorous at all. I just go home on my own at night and sit alone and eat crisps."

Reply to
AstraVanMan

You'd be fine i'd imagine.

Reply to
Carl Gibbs

5 hours to get from london to derby :( both times :) needless to say, it's not going to happen again (crosses fingers and shakes fist)
Reply to
dojj

If it's very stripped out, and the trailer isn't a massive great cast-iron jobbie, then I'd imagine it would be ok.

No liabilty if you crash and die though !

Reply to
Nom