Re: that skoda has competition

In article , spammers_must_die@sw54 spouted forth into uk.rec.cars.modifications...

Hello everybody. > >
> Serge > > ... What do you call a lawyer with an IQ of 2? "Your Honor". >

Serge, that is fantastic. What the hell is it under all that.

Reply to
MeatballTurbo

Hehehe, there's a nice mod. Change your gearstick for a periscope! Coming to a Halfrauds near you soon....

Dan

Reply to
-=Dan=- ¿

Looks like a Lada Oka - funny little Cinquecento-like car that is actually older than the Cinq and almost a pure Lada design. Inexplicably never sold in the UK despite being around in 1990, well before Lada stopped selling cars here.

Richard

Reply to
Richard Kilpatrick

Can someone post a link to the red Skoda. I think it still wins. Mods like the vertical swing doors alone and the diverse multilayered build up of interior trash was more than just a key ring fetish. It would be worthy of a place in the Tate Modern.

Peter Hill

Peter Hill raved thus:

:: Can someone post a link to the red Skoda. I think it still wins. :: Mods like the vertical swing doors alone and the diverse multilayered :: build up of interior trash was more than just a key ring fetish. It :: would be worthy of a place in the Tate Modern.

I've posted some pictures of it in alt.binaries.pictures.autos

Abo

Reply to
Abo

In article , spammers_must_die@sw54 spouted forth into uk.rec.cars.modifications...

That must be the one eastern european car that I've never heard of before.

I love the shower head gearknob. Must have been the only thing he could find with the same thread as the gearstick.

BTW, how is the Lada Niva you were tuning? Did you get the emissions sorted. I think last time we spoke they were too high?

Reply to
MeatballTurbo

Hello MeatballTurbo.

20 Jul 03 14:24, you wrote to me:

M> BTW, how is the Lada Niva you were tuning? Did you get the emissions M> sorted. I think last time we spoke they were too high?

I did, I even travelled from Moscow to Finland and back in it. Surprisingly, no problems all the way. But then I got tired of almost daily repairs and sold it. It was 8 years old with about 100k miles on the clock. Now I'm a proud owner of a '94 Golf Mk3 1,4 :) Added poliurethane bushings, Konis, alloys, MSD ignition and G4Look headlights as ther's not much one can do ablout the engine.

Serge

... A wife lasts as long as a marriage, an ex-wife for ever.

Reply to
Serge Wizgounoff

OK. I always liked the Niva in a back to basic rgged "get you there" kind of way. But then I love Skodas.

Well, there isn't much you can do to the standard engine :) After all the VR6 conversions, I wonder who will make the first Mk3 R32 :) that would be a mod to be proud of, even if not that practical.

Reply to
MeatballTurbo