Tuning Ford TDCi Engines

Any advances on 8.9mpg for a Renault Megane DCi?

Cheers, Andy

Reply to
Andy Laurence

And you think that the 68 PS petrol engine will be able to manage this? Uh huh?

Reply to
DervMan

Why with turbo diesels so common are there not lots more turbo petrol engines? 125bhp/L is par these days and with an overboost button

150bhp/L would be easy.

50bhp/L was OK in the 1950's but not in the 21st century. Some makers still get away with selling under performing shit that make turbo diesels look good. Anyone silly enough to buy either deserves the piece of junk they get.

I want to pay less than 40p/L for 106 (116?) RON fuel. I think I could use a bigger turbo and 7psi more boost (=17psi) all the time and maybe 25psi overboost.

Peter Hill

Umm, I don't think Mazda existed before about 1960ish.. unlike Alfa who've been around since about 1900.....

As for classic Mazdas.. er... um.... bugger.. I can't think of any either.

Reply to
Pete M

3.7 mpg, Ford Excursion V10 limousine flat out...
Reply to
Pete M

Lemans cars? I'd class them as classics. Not road legal, but classics all the same. The early RX-7s are falling into the modern classic bracket, IMO.

Cheers, Andy

Reply to
Andy Laurence

Impressive, but there are 6 extra cylinders, and it's not diesel!

Cheers, Andy

Reply to
Andy Laurence

In news:7TXGc.4181$ snipped-for-privacy@stones.force.net, Andy Laurence decided to enlighten our sheltered souls with a rant as follows

I'd say the last of the RX7s will be deserving of the "modern classic" label, but the early ones never did much for me. The "Oriental 944" that followed was even worse, but the 92 onwards ones... *dribble*

Reply to
Pete M

I know.. I know.. but as I basically never drive Diseasels (although I did get 15 mpg out of my brothers 530d once), it's the best I can do...

Reply to
Pete M

oh my.... that's ace!

Reply to
Tim S Kemp

Only if it was stuffed in the process, surely? :p

Reply to
DervMan

Theo

9mpg, volvo T5, country road...
Reply to
Tim S Kemp

rotary estate how cool is that?

Theo

Looks like any other early 70s Jap car to me.

Reply to
SteveH

Are these over a full tank?

25.7 mpg for the Ka...
Reply to
DervMan

My new job involves looking at mpg figures for our fleet (mostly buses). The lowest i saw today was 1.4mpg :)

Reply to
Carl Gibbs

Gearing plays a big part - the first gear on my Audi is very short, allowing it to get into the boost zone nice and quickly. But it has the downside that it runs out quickly and you need to change up, plus all that torque steer means I'd rather not be pulling away full speed ahead very often, but it's handy that it can though.

Peter

Reply to
AstraVanMan

I got a Fiesta 1.8TDi down to around 35mpg once.

Peter

Reply to
AstraVanMan

0mpg fiesta 1.1 no gearbox.