Two wheels and a minor.

Well tell me which year it was made and I can find out for myself...

You can harden up the rear suspenion sigificantly on a KX, provideing a better launch and gear change and thus a better 0-60 time... motocross suspension is really soft as you would imagine.

I hate the internet, I was quoted from 3.0 to 4.9.

Reply to
REMUS

Anyone can nail a bike in a straight line. Nitrous is f*ck all use on Welsh mountain roads.

Reply to
SteveH

Obviously the road tests are wrong, then.

GSX-R600 SRAD is timed at *identical* 1/4 time and terminal speed to the same vintage VFR800.

Reply to
SteveH

You don't think changing the sprocket sizes would make a significantly bigger impact, then?

Suspension changes *will not* make a bike difference to the 0-60 time.

Reply to
SteveH

They wheely because they are too high. On the strip the nutters use ratchet straps on both ends to lower them, goes mucho faster.

You woul murder his bike to 60. I would have been at 100 when you were at 60.

I have, they are pretty good if going daft speeds isnt your thing, my mate still has one after 10 years!

And you say youve ridden the latest fast stuff! They would be having a beer when you arrived.

Reply to
Burgermans other computer

Do yourself a favour. Buy something with a bigger motor in a lower state of tune. All the latest 600 and 750 bikes are chasing silly power figures. Now it makes them fast but damned hard work. A boring 1200 bandit or something similar is less posey but much nicer to ride.

Reply to
Burgermans other computer

That's the point, though, they wouldn't.

I've seen a 140k mile old Pan European hassling a respectably quick road racer on a (I think) GSX-R1000 (although he may have had a 9R at the time).

No matter what he did, that Pan was right on his tail all the way round a 40-ish mile run.

On real roads, the extra 50bhp and better suspension doesn't make as big a difference as it does on paper.

Reply to
SteveH

I found the B1200 yawn-inducingly dull to ride. The torque curve is far too flat and they make that horrible inline-4 drone.

Reply to
SteveH

Not according to PBs historical data. But there not much in it.

Reply to
Burgermans other computer

And I wasnt on welsh mountain roads! And IF I was then I would not open the throttle as much. If you went across spain as I have done you might also spot thos huge long straight roads that connect up the towns. Or the french outoroutes, german autobahns, or even our motorways. There are those to consider too.

Reply to
Burgermans other computer

Cnut!

I have taste and know class when I see it.... hence the collection in my sig :-P

Reply to
SteveH

No you didn't.

Well, not unless you managed around 80mph average for 24 hours, you didn't anyway.

Reply to
SteveH

I used MCN, 'cos it's quick and easy to look up.

Reply to
SteveH

Yes I did and its not difficult. Them foreiners dont seem to give a shit about speeding bikes. But I was not 2 up of course.

Reply to
Burgermans other computer

Why have a bike if you're going to use those roads?

Boring as f*ck, even at 150mph. Nice for half hour blasts, but you could fall asleep at 150mph and never know.

Reply to
SteveH

Err

I like 4s And the bike with the flatest torque curve ever is the VFR thats why they are featureless to ride. I have hundreds of curves here on my PC and the VFR holds the record... Anyway thats why they are good tourers I suppose.

Reply to
Burgermans other computer

Tut, tut.

Selective snipping again.

A quick calculation shows Grimsby to, for example, Seville, as being over 1600 miles. Take out on average 3 hours for the ferry, then look at the average speed it gives you.

Now, the thing to note is that this is an average speed for every one of the 21 hours of riding you have left, and we haven't even taken into account stopping for fuel and a piss every couple of hours.

So, taking all that into account, you're quite blatantly posting utter tripe.

Reply to
SteveH

That must be down to Suzuki engineering out all the character in the B12 lump, then.

Nasty, droning, buzzy heap of low budget s**te.

Reply to
SteveH

Maybe he's got a huuuge fuel tank, and an astronaut type device that means you don't need to stop at a toilet to go for a piss :-)

Reply to
AstraVanMan

Sorry its easily done, good fast motorways all the way. You have to actually go a bit but hey thats what they are for. Your VFR can do 130 all day long. I know because tom my mates did, and its an old F early one.

And its about 1400 miles to benidorm if you stick to motorways and fast roads. And boat doesent take three hours! And on a bike you are first off.

Reply to
Burgermans other computer