V8 + S13 body = cool

Someone has stuck a V12 from a BMW 7/850 in one.

hope they did a better job of it than they did of the video. Welllooking at wheels and bodywork maybe not. If that will go in there is no reason a 6.1L V12 BMW from an F1 or even a W16 from a Veyron won't go in. There is one that has been wrecked, so somewhere there is an engine sat just waiting.

200SX is nice and light it doesn't need big torque to move to it.

Personally I think any more than 4 pots is lugging a spare engine or 2 or even 3 round. There are SR20DET (what the JDM version of RPS13 had in it) 2L 4 pots running at 900bhp. Put one in a McLaren F1 and you would save about 100kg, have about 250bhp more (can go hunt Veyron) and have room for more luggage as there wouldn't be a Wurlitzer organ's worth of titanium exhaust system where the boot should be.

The BIG question is. Is a 3 pot with 1 engine speed balance shaft better than a 4 pot with

2 twice engine speed balance shafts? At mediocre 6000 rpm those balance shafts are wasing round at 12000rpm, at a halfway decent redline of 9,000rpm they are doing 18,000rpm, at a decent 12,000rpm redline the 4 pot balance shaft's 24,000rpm is insane.
Reply to
Peter Hill

Reliability might be an issue

Reply to
Abo

Why do you want to drive a car with an inherently unblanced engine?

Reply to
Steve Firth

Probably not the primary consideration if you spend the sort of money that gets that kind of power out of a four pot, but how reliable is that compared to a tweaked RB26 knocking out anything between 500 and

1000bhp?

Apart from anything else, the RB sounds that much nicer than any of the Nissan four pots.

-- JackH

Reply to
jackhackettuk

You seem to be obsessed with peak bhp, which is only of any use when drag racing. If you put a 2L 900bhp engine in a McLaren F1 it would probably be slower than the standard car on anything but a drag strip.

Reply to
Homer

Light weight.

Reply to
Doki

Well I can't usually manage more than a pint and a bit so I guess you're right.

Reply to
Steve Firth

There is a huge difference between making 900hp and making a RELIABLE 900hp. The motors you are talking about are for drag cars running T88 turbos that only come onto boost at 5 grand.

Fraser

Reply to
Fraser Johnston

Love the satin black paint. Hate the chequer plate. All in all not a bad car. Wonder how it handles. As an aside that is what us and the japs call the

180sx. 200sx has a boot not a hatch.

Fraser

Reply to
Fraser Johnston

Bloke who stuck a 1000bhp Supra engine in a 240SX S13 hatch thought it was still as good as it gets. "But until we can find another car that has this type of looks, combined with handling, and performance. we're going to leave it alone." Web page has gone, have to use wayback machine, I do hope he's still OK.

All the name changes and failure to bring it some markets meant it never could develop a worldwide image.

S10 - hatchback, 200SX in USA, not in Europe nor I think Japan/Aus.

S11 - lasted just as long as it took them to decide that they were not going to make Wankel engine after all.

S110 - boot, Gazelle or Silvia in Japan, 200SX in USA. Hatchback version badged Silvia/180SX in some markets, 200SX in USA. I don't think it ever came to UK but may have gone to some European counties.

S12 - boot, Japan Silvia, 200SX in USA, not sold in UK. (R)S12 - hatchback, 180SX in Japan, 200SX in USA, Silvia and Silvia ZX turbo in UK, not sure what they called it in mainland Europe.

Can you tell me what they all were in Aus?

S13 - boot, Silvia in Japan, 240SX in USA. Not sold in Europe. RS13 - hatchback, 180SX in Japan, 200SX in UK/Europe, 240SX in USA. No 13's sold by Nissan in Aus, all imports from Japan.

S14 - boot, Silvia in Japan, 240SX in USA, 200SX UK/Europe/Aus.

S15 - boot, Silvia in Japan, 200SX Aus (less power), not sold USA/UK/Europe.

Reply to
Peter Hill