what do i get?

well guys looking for a new plaything after all,

budget about 2 1/2- 3k

requisites.

handles with or without mods something a bit different good dose of fun

not bothered

reliability(so counts alfas and fiats in ) practicality economy insurance(hey i'm old with full no claims now)

a few of the ones that have caught my eye so far

takes me back wish i had kept my old gt

arghh why do i feel the urge

mmmmmm

wonder if it comes with chest wig and gold medallion

overpriced by around oooh 100% but could fancy another valver nova

Did look at a corsa Let running circa 280 horses but i couldn't live with the driving wearing a paper bag

Reply to
Rob

you could get a really good Saab 900 Turbo 16 for that money. An excellent one. In fact, you could spend half of it on the car and half of it on mods to give it more power :-) Loads of power, easy to get more out of, good handling and fun fun fun when that turbo comes in with a bang. Stick it on classic insurance as a 2nd car, cost me £180 a year fully comp..

Mike P

Reply to
Mike P

Buy a bike and take in some track days..............

Reply to
Ken

I agree with mike. And if you want it for a plaything rather than a daily driver, try to find a T16 2 door rather than a hatch. It is lighter and stiffer. Boot is a good size, but not the monster that the hatch has.

Reply to
Elder

Capri. Nice MK1/3 V6. Handle OK with simple mods and they'll frighten the shit out of you but in a good way.

Dirt cheap to insure...£130 FC for a 2.8i V6 on Classic?

Reply to
Conor

Almost £3k for an old AX GT with a shitty TU3S single carb motor? What a waste!

Better

Not bad

Very cool!

Get someting new instead!

My choices in your situation: SD1 V8 Capri v6 XR4x4 2.9i with money left for a turbo or 2 BMW 325i with LSD

Reply to
Carl Gibbs

SNIP ON-TOPIC DISCUSSION

F*ck off you top posting sorry old (wannabe) slapper........lol...........!.............lol............!.......you know the rest

Reply to
stevensisawouldbetart

8V integrale?

Rachael

Reply to
Rachael

Do it. Get your National B licence and have some *real* fun...

Reply to
Abo