What can I buy for £1800 that's fun?

Bloody nightmare things. I drove one around Donington last year, wish I'd known just how hard they were to get in and out of for someone who's

6'2" with loosely secured lower garments. By the time I'd managed to squeeze into the damn thing my tracksuit bottoms had wriggled down around my legs. Slightly embarassing with an instructor sat at on one side grinning and Phil Bennett outside :(
Reply to
Lordy

Nice.

I commented on this to the Lotus salesman, and asked all of the wrong questions, like what about crash safety (how am I going to get out of it?), what about ABS, and would they offer a diesel variant in due course, for CO2 reasons?

I was invited to leave. :)

Reply to
DervMan

you should have refused his invitation and told him not to be so pertinent :) my mates sister had an mgf thing it was nice as far as the accelerator pedal was very responsive but everything else was a bit crap she wanted to trade it in for an elese, but then found out that it was going to be more than useless as she's not acustom to perfoming bendy legged movements just to get into a car :)

Reply to
dojj

Heh. I went next door to the Jaguar showroom about a week later, and was laughed at for suggesting they release a diesel for tax reasons.

Hmmmm!

Reply to
DervMan

Heh! Have you gone back there since?

Peter

Reply to
AstraVanMan

It was in Norwich, I'd rather be b*ggered like you would Kylie than go back to Norwich.

:)

Not yet. But I'm sure they would "forget" me, heh.

Reply to
DervMan

snipped-for-privacy@italiancar.co.uk (SteveH) wrote in news:1g3gbnw.1ww09y1cbqj7jN% snipped-for-privacy@italiancar.co.uk:

Is it the same for diesels? What about rotary engines, turbos, LPG? is there a market for motorbike engined 13000rpm 900cc screamer Nissan Micras?:)

Reply to
Darren Peters

Nissan 200SX

:D

Reply to
Rusty®

Looks like a tax to encourage use of turbo's and NO2.

Nisan Micra March anyone?

Peter Hill

there is no such thing.

Reply to
Theo

they make diesels dont they? iirc they have a rather powerful derv lump.

Reply to
Theo

there is it's the import version because it's got square number plates :) don't know if it's turbo'd or not though

Reply to
dojj

its called a March SuperTurbo iirc, and it is turbo'd along with a supercharger of all things... a bloke on this ng has one, odd thing but must be a hellofa lotta fun (they also made a version with just a turbo or just a supercharger, I cant remember tbh)

I was being pedantic btw, there is no such thing as a Nissan Micra March.

Reply to
Theo

dojj waffled on in a quite bewildering manner to produce...

Nissan Micra / March. I think it's like saying Vauxhall Nova - Opel Corsa.

anyway,

Pete M

its more like saying Vauxhall Corsa Nova

Reply to
Theo

you mean a small motor thats not realy a bit of a goer then ;)

Reply to
dojj

:P

Reply to
Theo

They use Ford's TDCi *NOW* but they didn't then. They also told me that Jaguar would probably never use diesels. :)

Reply to
DervMan

Yes - it's Peugeot's 3.0 V6 Diesel lump, also to be found in the 407 (when it eventually arrives). Makes somewhere around 200bhp IIRC.

Reply to
Nom

Except that it's not Ford's, it's Peugeot's :)

Pug did all the work - Ford just stumped up a load of development money, in return for the rights to use it.

Reply to
Nom