What does your boss drive?

¤¤¤ Abo ¤¤¤ wrote: A bit like my dad; in charge of site safety at a nuclear power

Out of interest, which power station?

Reply to
Dan

In news: snipped-for-privacy@g44g2000cwa.googlegroups.com, fishman decided to enlighten our sheltered souls with a rant as follows

My boss drives any of the following.

2x Lincoln Towncar stretch limousines (occasionally) Ford Excursion stretch limousine (occasionally) Mazda MX5 (frequently) Vauxhall Corsa 1.2 SXi (lent out to someone) Rover 416 SLi (more than anything else) Porsche 911 Carrera 3.2 (yup, he owns it, so he uses it sometimes) Jensen Interceptor III Cabriolet (when it works) Fiesta 1.4 Zetec 5 door (never uses, so for sale) Jaguar X type 2.0 V6 (will be using more soon, 18" BBS splitties) Jaguar X type with Dr Diesels Evil Invention (currently crashed) Focus 2.0 Zetec Auto 5 dr (currently crashed)

The Porsche is probably going to be replaced soon by a Bentley Turbo R - which I'll be fighting him for.

Reply to
Pete M

Pah, he could have at least got the S-type, with the proper derv lump in it!

Peter

Reply to
AstraVanMan

I know they do, but having seen the sales drone at work with his, I know=20 why =A310k ones, are =A310k ones.

I would rather buy a =A36k higher mileage 944 later model with good=20 history than a =A310k Boxster that has been "Rexed" (Rex is the guy at our= =20 place). Rex quote of Decemeber "Carl, it's done 50k now and it getting=20 it's clutch done, good thing I got it done now, because they spotted the=20 flywheel is shagged and are going to do it while it's apart". Me "bet that is pricey" Rex "Not really, doing it while it is already apart is saving me =A3500".

Mind you he is the kind of fuckup who rags it from cold (the tail pipe=20 sounds like it is full of nails), and slips the clutch, yet insists on=20 Porsche washer fluid so as not to damage the car.

the Boxster was his "getting his license back prezzy". He lost it in a Celica GT4, when he totalled the GT4, and used it to=20 take a Rover 200 to pieces down a residential street. He showed me the=20 police photos of the damage. The Rover was almost ripped in two, and it=20 is impossible to tell which direction anyone was travelling.

He really is a knob.

--=20 Carl Robson Car PC Build starts again.

Homepage:

Sleeker GT Phwoar

Not really. I sort of like them, but never really had them on my wish list.

If someone said, "Here, take this Boxster it is yours". It would be rude to say no thanks.

But it wouldn't be mind kind of car to buy.

924, maybe, 944 yes, 944 Oh Yes, 928, Yes if I had a lot of Motorway to do, and could have it converted to fulltime LPG, any 911, especially the aircooled SWB idiot killers. Yes Please. Thankyou, I will have your babies.
Reply to
Sleeker GT Phwoar

The one at Seal Sands, on the north east coast near(ish) Middlesbrough.

Reply to
¤¤¤ Abo ¤¤¤

Maybe he's financially intelligent?

Or scared of trade union action ;-)

Reply to
T.

They're clever - more of their earnings available to do other things.

Until he loses his job, and he'd have nothing.

Reply to
T.

I shall ask arround see if anyone interested.

--=20 Carl Robson Car PC Build starts again.

Homepage:

Sleeker GT Phwoar

T. wrote

doki wrote

Well his last car was an ageing Mazda Xedos 6... I think he has a Harley Davidson somewhere too

Reply to
fishman

Just out of interest, I did a confused.com lookup before you got back=20 with the spec, on about the same year, and I said with an =A38k value=20 (didin't know what they fetched). Best quote came back at =A31100 for fully comp with =A3250 voluntary excess= =20 and no mileage limitation.

--=20 Carl Robson Car PC Build starts again.

Homepage:

Sleeker GT Phwoar

In news: snipped-for-privacy@news.individual.net, Sleeker GT Phwoar decided to enlighten our sheltered souls with a rant as follows

Yup, the boss pays £320 fully comp on an unlimited mileage classic policy.

Reply to
Pete M

our=20

Not cheap to insure are they.

--=20 Carl Robson Car PC Build starts again.

Homepage:

Sleeker GT Phwoar

Bentley Continental of some description, i've only seen it a few times.

Fat wanker.

Reply to
REMUS

renault master mazda 323