What shall I do

Sweet!!!

Reply to
Carl Gibbs

For "best balanced" read "cheapest and easily replaced".

Reply to
Nom

Damn. That post was so intelligently reasoned, and made such a good job of putting your points across, that you almost changed my mind !

Oh, wait...

Reply to
Nom

It takes a "special kind" of car knowledge to stick a Volvo 360 in the none-shit category.

Things in it's favour : RWD

Things against it : Everything else

I have no intention of doing otherwise ! Have fun in your fun cars :)

Obviously not - it couldn't be further away from a NomCar :)

There are always two or three parked around my house - my next-door neighbour buys them and does them up, so I see them in all sorts of state of repair. He never spends more than a couple of quid on anything, so they're extremely cheap to fix. He used to be a VAG man, but he's moved lock stock and barrel now - his current steed is an oldy Disco.

Reply to
Nom

You don't know what you're talking about. They've been using 75s since they were nearly new, and quite expensive. They also spend a fair old chunk of cash track prepping them.

Reply to
SteveH

It's a properly engineered car with a rear transaxle, meaning that it's more or less a 50/50 weight distribution.

They go quite well with a 2lt engine and don't fally apart.

Ideal for Carl, I'd have thought.

Reply to
SteveH

You clearly haven't driven enough cars, Nom ;)

Seriously, a 360 GLT is a remarkable little car. Transaxle, so well balanced, decent engine, and incredibly comfortable. Good visibility too. Chassis is bad enough to get some slidey fun at sane speeds, too.

Richard

Reply to
RichardK

Reply to
DanTXD

A car isn't old unless it was built in the 80s or earlier.

Reply to
SteveH

It's old once it's out of manufacturer warranty ;-)

Reply to
DanTXD

Er, there's a huge article about the 'Ring in last month's Evo. They speak to the Alfa 75 people, and are told they use them specifically cos they're a cheap RWD car in plentiful supply.

It would be wise to find out what I do actually know, before attempting to state the limits of my knowledge.

So ?

What you meant to say, is there's a race driving school at the Nurburgring that run a fleet of Alfa 75 TSparks, as they reckon they're the cheapest and easily replaced RWD car for their purposes.

Reply to
Nom

I spend a vast amount of time in Italian car circles, so I think I might just have a clue on this one.

The above is just one of the reasons. There's also the reason that they love their 75s as they're one of the best normal 'drivers' cars of all time.

I don't give a flying f*ck what you do as you're so obviously clueless when it comes to talking cars.

Reply to
SteveH

Heh.

It's quite old, but not really what I'd term as 'old' old, IYSWIM.

In other words, it's perfectly OK as a daily driver (well, if it didn't have 200k plus miles on it, it would be), whereas 'old' to me is something you'd probably not drive every day.

Reply to
SteveH

So my Saab isn't old then.

Reply to
Sleeker GT Phwoar

I didn't say otherwise - I'm just telling it like it is.

Funnily enough, I hold exactly that opinion about you :)

Reply to
Nom
[...]

well located DeDeon axle 50/50 weight distribution grunty, unburstable 2.0l motor strong shell fun handling tweakable at low cost. ...

...which is not too much.

Alistair J Murray

Like a chopped an channeled '50 Ford Mercury.

Fraser

Reply to
Fraser Johnston

Except for a complete lack of power.

Fraser

Reply to
Fraser Johnston

It is definatly the second newest, and possibly the newest car I've ever owned. The oldest was the last Saab.

Reply to
Sleeker GT Phwoar

And looks that make it jealous of

And a complete lack of any grip.

I remember just before I got my first 405. A friend of mine used his Mum's white 360 GLT as a daily-driver - and it was comically bad.

Reply to
Nom