What shall I do

Hell, I'll deliver the BX to Rob's gaff!

Douglas

Reply to
Douglas Payne

good weight distribution strong body strong engine cheap and easy to fix fun and predictable handling comfortable plenty of engine upgrades - from a mild 2.3 8v to a 2.3 turbo stormer

Prejudice = cheap cars. So keep it up!

Reply to
Carl Gibbs

Will do :D

Reply to
Nom

A couple of my mates used to own them way back, 2.0GLT and a 1.7GL - which had *superb* brakes.

Well, by superb, I mean they had two settings - on or off. Merest nudge would plant you in the windscreen. They were superb in the "on" position, but the lack of anything inbetween was a bit of a bummer.

The 2.0 was quite nippy and the handling was 'ok'. But the rest of the cars were forgettable.

Reply to
Lordy.UK

Don't dismiss the power of shop floor gained knowledge. I bet it's amazing the amount of drivel he can overhear whilst putting the beans away on aisle six !

Reply to
Lordy.UK

Have you ever thought of getting some new material?

Reply to
SteveH

"If it ain't broke, it don't need fixing".

Reply to
Lordy.UK

It broke the first time you posted it.

HTH.

Reply to
SteveH

Reply to
Lordy.UK

Good for him. I seemed to be keeping up with the 205 GTis OK on the tarmac when I had mine. On the 'white' roads, even with no guarding I was easily pulling away from my mate in his 309 GTi. Its when your on the limits you really come to appreciate how a car is powered and weighted, and the Volvo is near perfect. Which is one of the reasons why I want another one. Plus you can do crazy arse shit like this:

Carl Gibbs

Go for, I wont be picking it up :)

Reply to
Carl Gibbs

Not relevent to me - I don't drive on white roads, nor do I get "on the limits" on my work run :)

It's your money - spend it on what you like :) If you think the Volvo is great, then buy it !

You seem to have crashed :)

Reply to
Nom

Because finding a genuinely good 75 is obviously a piece of piss. Everyone's got one.

Reply to
AstraVanMan

For a lot of people, that's a good thing.

Reply to
AstraVanMan

To me what makes a car old is how long that particular model's been about for, not whether it's got "55" in the reg plate or not.

Reply to
AstraVanMan

Yep - there's must be thousands upon thousands across Europe. And they seem to do tuning too -

- so I guess they'll just fix up the shagged ones.

I don't know anyone with one, except SteveH.

Reply to
Nom

Yep, I think I work on the same system. The Rover 45 and 25 are a good example - even the brand new ones, aren't exactly "new".

Reply to
Nom

"I love it when a plan comes together"

Reply to
AstraVanMan

Well f*ck off out of this group then :-)

Reply to
AstraVanMan

Nom, meet sarcasm.

Reply to