Whats the score with XM radio>?

in news: snipped-for-privacy@uni-berlin.de, "DanTXD" slurred :

Heh. The 405 was a Cat D write-off, so I've got to take it for a Vehicle Identity Check (VIC) before I can get a V5, and hence tax. So I haven't actually been able to drive it, and I'm not fitting the 16's until it's properly on road, in case it gets nicked or it turns out to be a cut&shut or something and gets crushed >:-O

I tried them on my 205 tho, and it looked cool :-)

Reply to
Albert T Cone

The 205 tyres are probly too wide for the 205? Whap em on anyway, it'll look well cool :D

Reply to
DanTXD

Dunno. They went on o.k., but I didn't drive it anywhere. Was just bored and wanted to see what it'd look like. Which was very cool, as it happens :)

Reply to
Albert T Cone

And rightly so, cos he's clearly a perfectionist knob.

Have a read of his LUDICROUS post, titled "EBU Prefer 720-Lines for HDTV" (a few pages down his front page).

Of COURSE they have "expressed their preference to use 720-lines progressive (720p) for HDTV instead of 1080-lines interlaced (1080i)" because interlaced video is nasty old rubbish of the highest order !

And what's more, a 1080i signal is only broadly equivalent to a 540p image in real terms anyway ! So their 720p choice is better in both real-terms resolution AND lack of lace !

FWIW, I work with lots of MiniDV/Firewire/PC based digital-video kit on a daily basis at work (like right now infact) - that guy's opinions are VERY biased !

Reply to
Nom

What is this doing here? Get back in the snowboarding newsgroups with your

1080, 540,720 extreme talk!
Reply to
Mark W

:D