Whoohoo, hot interior blower output.

Enjoy the Passat and shut your cake hole then.

Reply to
Douglas Payne

I suspect what you mean is "I wouldn't be scared of owning a W124, but a W126 is too much for me, therefore I think it's foolish and shall have a pop at anyone who dares to own something I'm scared of. I know, I'll use my best insult, I'll call it Pikey."

When you learn something about cars, Steve, will you let us know?

Reply to
Pete M

How many broken cars have you owned recently, just as a reminder, like?

Reply to
SteveH

So do I... but as SteveH has pointed out, (and as I discovered last year when I was contracting and going through an umbrella company), once you've done over 10k miles, the mileage tax relief allowance gets sawn off down to 25p a mile...

Heh...

-- JackH

Reply to
jackhackettuk

You won't listen to a car trader about cars, why should we listen to a Mancunian sales rep who's entire knowledge of cars has been gleaned from old copies of Car magazine, shitbox Alfa 33s, a few old repmobiles and a VW Passat?

Face it, you know f*ck all about cars other than what you've read.

Reply to
Pete M

You appear to be more than capable of buying broken ones, which is about all I need know.

Reply to
SteveH

Range Rover has a dead gearbox because I've not got time to fix it. I've got the replacement gearbox and I have the ability to fit it myself. Putting 330 bhp through a 200 bhp gearbox will make it go bang eventually. Cost of gearbox replacement will come to a grand total of around £40. Big deal.

I'm not scared of buying stuff that might go bang. It's fun. I don't have to rush from appointment to appointment.

Reply to
Pete M

No Steve, you need to know a lot more than that. Especially about cars.

Reply to
Pete M

Yup. Absolutely. I don't claim anywhere near that, though.

Reply to
DervMan

Right, so even though brand new, current and on sale, pikey right?

Even though VAG use this years Seat/Skoda to test the waters for next=20 years VW? So if that is really last years model, it should be the=20 current VW.

--=20 Carl Robson Audio stream:

Playing at home:Stone Roses-Shoot You Down

Elder

My brothers are the organ donors of the family.

I have thought about a bike license, but I tend to like slow, mediumsized flat twin engines in a pre-ww2 style.

Which nodoubt is because I couldn't afford any better.

Reply to
Elder

Erm, no. Although the B5 cars were better built (not sure about the Superb, though), the B6 is sharper to drive and the new 2.0TDI engine is streets ahead of the older generation engines.

Well, the current Passat platform was tested as a Skoda Octavia.

Besides, a Superb is a bit 'minicab' anyway.

Reply to
SteveH

*waves*

Getting a seat into London is not a problem, getting a seat on the way out, even in first class, is.

Reply to
Timo Geusch

The 2.0 TDi is the poor person option, below the 2.5 V6.

Reply to
Elder

Was the Superb based on the Audi A6 then?

Reply to
Elder

Yes, of course it is.

Especially now that the 2.5V6 TDI has been dropped from the VW range as the 2.0TDI is a more advanced, refined and economical replacement.

Reply to
SteveH

What is bling? An LS400 is one of the most understated nondescript cars you could ever see.

Reply to
Elder

No, it was the *old* B5 platform - which was the old Passat, original A4 but did share some design details with the 2nd generation A6.

Whatever it is, it's now a 15 year old platform. Which is why Skoda can punt them out for so little money - especially as they're also using previous generation engines.

Fuck knows why they still make it in RHD form, 'cos the only people who buy them are minicab drivers.

Reply to
SteveH

It's boring in a way only the Japanese can do boring, but also big enough with enough chrome to look rather vulgar.

Reply to
SteveH

In that case, I must have worked for/with Billionaires then. A Ferrari/911 choice for commuting, a grand voyager for the family and a Range Rover for the weekend. A Mk1 mint Golf GTi for London, a Lotus Elise(when they were brand new) for the weekend, and a Range Rover for the county. A Bentley for the waft, an XKR for when he wanted a buzz, a Helicopter for when traffic was stupid, and a converted french navy frigate disguised as a luxury yacht for the weekend.

3 of my favourite bosses.
Reply to
Elder