whoops

That is a good plan, even though they supposedly rarely flip over due to the low CoG.

Mike, if you're looking for a rollbar, just make sure you get a proper one and not one of those "style bar" hoops - they're not called "mousetraps" for nothing.

Reply to
Timo Geusch

"Mike P" gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying:

Reply to
Adrian

I once rolled a reliant pig when it went sideways on some nice shiney new ungravelled tarmac, then highsided when it hit the old grippy stuff.

I tipped it back on it's wheels and called my brother to tow me in. Coppers didn't whether it was legal or not so it was a local craze to drive them on L plates with all the seats/belts out except the drivers. Lots of old men wear releived of their old pride and joys that had sat in their garages.

The learner laws said at the time, you could drive a tricycle below a certain weight, not modified to have more than one seat. It didn't say anything about modified to have only one seat (we stuck cheap racks in place of the seats). We asked coppers. 3 said yes fine, 1 said I don't know I would have to think about that, and another said I don't think so but I don't know. So we went with the majority. Even the copper who came past and same has there been an accident said nowt when I said it's ok, it was me, I rolled my reliant. And it was clearly visible with L plates attached. The fibreglass all broke but the internal thin tubular roll over bars didn't.

Reply to
Elder

Regrettably I've never owned one. :-(

Reply to
DervMan

Unexpected diesel patch?

Reply to
Chris Bartram

Doh, bad luck dude.

As you say, at least you'll get your money back. I've done similar things twice - once with oversteer and once with understeer (both in damn Pugs though) and was only 3rd party. That sucked.

Reply to
Carl Gibbs

No, not on that road. Well, I doubt it anyway. It's a moorland road, hardly any truck traffic on it. Simple case of the fleshy bit behind the wheel being a bit over-exuberant I think.

Mike P

Reply to
Mike P

Yeah, it didn't go over. I thought it was doing though, and no, it doesn't have a roll bar.

Mike P

Reply to
Mike P

Yeah, shit happens. I'm still alive. It's not the end of the world. I've done similar only 3rd party too, it's really not a good thing. I'd actually forgotten I was fully comp in the aftermath yesterday and was pretty annoyed about it read the policy again!

Mike P

Reply to
Mike P

I've had a few, mainly Capri 2.8is and a few Volvo 360s. Never really had any drama in any of them. I never fell off any of my bikes riding in the wet and they're rear drive and the CBR600 and 'blade were erm, well, faster than my cars. Shit happens and you live and learn I suppose.

Mike P

Reply to
Mike P

Heh, I thought I did. Obviously not.

Possible *ding* moment here..

It'd been ok up until then. I'd only got it to slide on a roundabout with a lot of provovation. On Friday night, I had been over the same road I crashed on, in the dark at the same speed, in worse weather, and nothing happened. Maybe I hit the white lines or something and couldn't react quick enough. Like I said though, my c*ck up and no excuses.

Mike P

Reply to
Mike P

heh i've got pirelli P6000's i think on the rear of my BMW and find them one of the best tyres i've had in the wet, shame the toyo's upfront aren't to good cos it does understeer a bit in the wet, but thats better than oversteer in the wet i guess.

Reply to
Vamp

Yeah, I know. I'm not blaming the tyres really, more my own incompetence/stupidity :-)

The MX-5 had been really well balanced up until then, it was ace.

Mike P

Reply to
Mike P

The only time I was never able to get up Garrowby Hill was when a tractor pulling a silage trailer dumped a shitload of hydraulic fluid on it. It ain't just us.

Reply to
Conor

I know. The only time I've had "moments" on bikes were solely down to cowshit on the road left by tractors.

Mike P

Reply to
Mike P

So, when are you coming for the red one?

Reply to
Pete M

Heh, strangely you know me too well.... I'll let you know Tuesday or Wednesday once I've spoken to the insurance co a few times. I'm 100% sure they'll right it off simply cos labour charges are too high.

Mike p

Mike P

Reply to
Mike P

P6000s on the Saab too, and if hadn't been for them, the clutch hose would have been fine.

Reply to
Elder

i never spun my MR2 turbo but i did spin the MK1 MR2 at about 30mph too so you aint the first and that was by surprise, i let the revs get a bit high and the road surface changed from old shit surface to new slippery surface and the bump stepped the rear end out, bit of fishtailing and i pretty much had it back but it bounced on the kerb and went wide. lots of opposit lock then it snapped the other way and i was going backwards across the dual carrigeway across wet grass verg approaching the other carrigeway which was pretty busy! luckly the slow speed stopped me bang in the middle between 2 trees :) i got away with 1 broken TSW alloy.

Reply to
Vamp

i've had 3 and 2 were mid engined :)

Reply to