Winter plans?

Senators and the 6Cyl Carltons are I6, The 6cyl Omegas are V6.

I have a funny feeling that Calibras have sideways engines and that you'd have a lot of bother fitting a longways senator lump into a sideways Calibra.

Not that this will stop the likes of REMUS or Rob from telling us that they are going to do it. (c:

However a longways V6 like in the Omega might go sideways in a Calibra. I'd wager that the same V6 ended up in some Calibras and Omegas.

HTH

Douglas

Reply to
Douglas Payne

"Douglas Payne" wrote

There was a V6 calibra, that had rave reviews in the motoring press

Reply to
fishman

i'd prefer a V6 calibra to a turbo calibra. Not that i'd buy either.

Reply to
Mason

Thought that bound to have been FWD like the Cavalier, was it a 2.5 or a

3.0? Anyone?

Douglas

Reply to
Douglas Payne

2.5 IIRC. a
Reply to
Mason

Are they? Didn't know that I'm showing my thankfully limited knowledge of v.. no can't even bring my self to type it. ;)

Reply to
Depresion

The calibra v6 was a 2.5 litre produceing somewhere in the region of 174 bhp, people rarely tune them in favour of the let.

the 3.0 v6 produces 200 bhp+

Reply to
REMUS

They are but I wouldnt buy a senator engine, I would prefer either the gsi

3000 (if I converted the cali to rwd) or the 3.0 omega v6.

Didn't say I was going to, but it's been done in astra mk2's DIY so I don't see any reason why I couldnt you git :P

It didn't.

Reply to
REMUS

Dunno if you'll be interested, but I've got an old Mk2 Golf I'll be selling soon. Bodywork is good on the whole, but a bit tatty in places. It's a

1.8GL model on an E plate, with the carb engine, which is a good sound engine, but needs something to with idling sorting out (my mate tells me it could be the waxstat, a known problem on these). Sometimes it idles fine, somtimes it idles just a little high (around 1500rpm), sometimes it idles around 3000rpm, but it's a good runner, and pulls strongly and I can't imagine it'd be too much to sort out for someone who knows what they're doing. Occasionally mid journey it'll start struggling for a bit (mixture/autotchok related problems?) then it'll be fine again, but it's not yet failed to get me from A to B! 130k on the clock, previous owner had it 10 years, and in the last couple of years spent a fair bit on it - it's had a recent-ish new clutch, battery is good (and recent I think), and various other bits - tyres are all very good. It drives very well, I love the handling of it - grip is excellent, and the steering (PAS btw) is one thing that's really impressed me with what a tight and positive feel it's got. It's got tax and MOT til around Jan/Feb time (I'll have to check exactly when), and I'm after around £120 for it. I honestly don't think it'll need much for the MOT, so if there's no interest I'll just get it MOT'd and sell it with a full MOT. Not a 205 GTI or XR2, but if you fancy it let me know.

Peter

-- "The humble bic biro draws 13 beards, 9 devil moustaches and 49 penises on newspapers in its lifetime."

Reply to
AstraVanMan

"Mason" wrote

I might buy a V6 turbo calibra...

Reply to
fishman

Do some work in getting the CarPC installed.

Reply to
Sleeker GT Phwoar

Just had a MK2 GTI not too long back...have no clear funds for the project yet...I might need a runabout soon though....If the R5 doesnt sell sharpish as it's undrivable with any kind of weather on the road :o)

£120 quid if you deliver?? and i'll chuck in your busfare home ;o)

seriously i'll let you know.

Mason

Reply to
Mason

wager that the same

2.5 i know as i wanted one of the shit boxes :) slow as f*ck for a 2.5 V6 though! my old MK1 MR2 would beat one off the lights with almost have the engine size! :)
Reply to
Vamp

to get the alloys

maybe a blitz nur spec

can afford too!

and sort out the

i'd never get bored of that tick over sound the MR2 turbo has with a blitz :)

Reply to
Vamp

Calibra. I'd wager that the same

3.0? Anyone?

though! my old MK1 MR2

What is the 0-60 time of that puny little jap thing? From memory v6's do

0-60 in 7.3 sec, top wack 147 mph. The cali turbo does 0-60 in 6.4 sec 152mph in sixth gear at 5100 rpm on the limiter (will do 152mph at somthing like 7500 rpm on the limiter in 5th)

They arn't slow vamp. Compare it to another well known 2.5 (not v6 i know but this is off the top of my head) the e30 325i does 0-60 in 7.6 seconds and thats rwd.

Reply to
REMUS

LMAO 7.3! my MK1 MR2 was 0-60mph in 7.6 so not far off!

MR2 Turbo is a 2 litre turbo and does 0-60mph in 5.6secs or 5.2secs for later spec engines which had

245bhp than my one with 220bhp. top end was 160mph at 7200rpm i believe. after having a cavalier and then an MR2 i'd never touch vauxhall again! slow, dull cars which handle like a bag of s**te IMO and unlike most my opinion is based on owning a cavalier and i've driven a 2litre 16v calibra, and decided on a nearly 20 year old MR2 over it, funny thing is my dash in the MK1 MR2 probably looks more modern than vauxhalls :)

sorry but i really don't like calibra's or cavaliers no more, cav turbo was ok but they all have broken and on scrap heaps now. Mitsi Galant V6 i think is faster than tha cav and calibra.

Reply to
Vamp

later spec engines which had

slow, dull cars which handle

cavalier and i've driven a

thing is my dash in the

If you say so.

was ok but they all have

cav and calibra.

Wasn't trying to make you like them! I was just letting you know that calibra v6's are not slow.

LOL the galant is 3.8 (if you are talking about the 230 bhp model) over 1.3 litres (3828cc) larger capacity!!! And that POS only does 0-60 0.1 of a second faster LOL!!!!

Btw its not good saying the v6 galent because there are alot of models, the one i just mentioned is part of the 2004 range.

Reply to
REMUS

wasn't trying to make me like them? well you certainly aint from round 'ere, all arguments on this newsgroup go on for several posts till the other poster agrees he likes the car in argument or buys car in argument :)

well ok maybe a bit unfair, 0.1 is still faster, winning is winning :)

anyway if you checked you'll see the V6 0-60mph is actually 7.3 secs which is SLOW! as the 2 litre

16v is only 0.3 secs behind!

anyway to be fair it does seem quicker than most V6's, the turbo was a tad sluggish compared to jap

2 litre turbo's :)
Reply to
Vamp

I smell pish. (c:

FWIW there were 3.0 12v and 3.0 24v I6 Clarton GSi 3000's. They used exactly the same engines, transmission, running gear and floor pan as the 3.0 12v and 3.0 24v Senators.

Hmm, I actually doubt an I6 would fit sideways between the turrets in a Cavalier/Calibra let alone a Mk2 Astra. There cant have been much left of the original underneath of the car if it was RWD. It would be cool but might actually involve knowing what the f*ck you are talking about, which why I suspect you couldnt do it.

So the 2.5 V6 Omega and the 2.5 Cavalier/Calibra V6 engines are completely different?

Warmest regards Douglas

Reply to
Douglas Payne

In news: snipped-for-privacy@individual.net, Douglas Payne decided to enlighten our sheltered souls with a rant as follows

Dearie me. This is quite lame really isn't it?

"I'm going to build a mad car that'll take ten years to complete and be worth as much as a small South American cocaine plantation due to the engineering involved, but it'll only take me a weekend because it's all bits of Vauxhalls." "I don't believe you" "I'll prove it then"

"I've given up putting a Supercharged 24v Senator engine into my Calibra... I think I'm going to make a V8 Punto."

Reply to
Pete M