Winter plans?

Just wondering what everyone plans are for the winter? (Car modding wise). I`m missing the summer already! For me it would help to have a car at the moment! This will change soon!

Reply to
timmmmayyy!

In news:41b81bc0$0$53008$ snipped-for-privacy@ptn-nntp-reader03.plus.net, timmmmayyy! decided to enlighten our sheltered souls with a rant as follows

Main plan is rebuilding the head on the Capri.

Nice Burton Power camshaft with a vernier pulley, and flow, port and polish the head.

Few more horseys, bit more bottom end grunt..

Reply to
Pete M

Wrapping up warm :)

Oh, and when I can be arsed I have a 1600GT block to be rebored, I'd like it in before Summer :)

Reply to
Tony Bond (UncleFista)

I'm hoping my toothed belts will turn up so I can fit the updated charger and possibly get a custom intercooler made up.

Reply to
Depresion

Amid the boo's and hiss's from you lot, I will be doing up a calibra turbo which needs a new interior which I will take out of the red one i got for

1p, the engine also needs a bottem end rebuild so I will take that out and replace it with somthing like a 8v 1.8 and debadge it. I will then rebuild the bottem end next year I think it needs crank re-ground and over sixed sheel bearings put in new cam belt and complete engine gasket set to put it all back together so it will prolly cost more than its worth but I will have to see at least if I take it all appart I will know the engine better. Then I can just put it back in all shined up for MiG show stands, rolling road and anything else.
Reply to
REMUS

What are over sixed shell bearings? Stick a V6 in it with an auto box from the senator then supercharge the sucker.

Reply to
Depresion

205: New front brakes from a 309 GTi Oil, filter, glow plugs change New cambelt (should whip the head off too, but probably wont) New rear dampers Sort out the front lights (help in with cable ties ATM!) Swap tyres from Volvo alloys to Pug ones and put on Find a spare alloy and mount it in the boot Fit maplight Think about fitting intercooler, but dont again Then off rallying the bitch in February (hopefully)

MR2: Finish patching up bodywork Find some paint and attempt to make it look nice again Hopefully find some snow to drive it in!

Reply to
Carl Gibbs

hmmm none really as i'm jobless, keep it tip top but when it warms up i plan to get the alloys polished up to a nice shiny diamond cut type finish on the MR2 turbo and maybe a blitz nur spec or apexi N1 exhaust on it by summer. oh and i want the windows tinted when i can afford too! losing my job put that on hold :(

then i'll be saving my cash for some H&R coil overs and some cusco strut bars and sort out the drop links ect to get the motor sitting just right :)

Reply to
Vamp

Not much. Done the chip, changing the tyres. Need new disks so getting brembos.

Damn cold around here, so mostly sitting in and watching telly.

Reply to
Tim S Kemp

Get a MK2 Golf GTi, make as standard as possible. I'm not sure I'm in the right group here :).

Reply to
Doki

Ah burton power!. My girlfriend lives near their shop - when I see her I have to pop in, rude not to!

Reply to
timmmmayyy!

ITYM "over sixed sheel" bearings.

There you go, that auto gearbox is out of a Senator, REMUS can have it for 1p+postage.

Doesn't work too good mind. Only engages 1st. Still, thats good for

55mph in my Carlton.

(c:

Douglas

Reply to
Douglas Payne

Chet

Over sized shell bearings, sorry I typeing too quickly before I went out again to work.

I don't want a V6 or I would of brought one, the only v6 I would consider I suppose would be the 3.0 Omega plant or somthing but the upgrade path on them is pretty bad, then again compared to a YB the c20let isnt so hot either in terms of upgrades (the only real advantage I suppose is knowlage of the engine and larger valve area) but ford's have been done to death.

Reply to
REMUS

Might wash it.

Probably won't.

Will take it for its 6,000 mile, 6 month first service in Feburary, where it gets washed and valeted. Shame its then 20,000 or 2 years to the next one.....

Reply to
DanTXD

Blitz Nur Spec will drive you insane. I had one on the GTR and it was a drony pig.

Fraser

Reply to
Fraser Johnston

buy some 15" winter shoes for the BM and shelve it as much as possible. The mrs is using the Festa as a day-to-day car.

Renny 5 will be in autotrader by the middle of next week rebuilds about done.

Hunt for replacement for R5....i really have no idea....

Buy this years Project...I've done engines and in know i can do bodywork but i've never actually done much to my cars..it's always for someone else.

So the plan is look for something with iffy bodywork but a solid (or easily replacable) lump and concourse it.

I fancy another 205 GTi but for the easily maintanied/swapable lump maybe an XR2 or something. I dunno.

Mason

Reply to
Mason

ooooh winter plans

nova

full engine rebuild the xe is smoking like a bastid and has a nasty death rattle atm supposed to be getting is sprayed next month too although i'm still in love with the fadedpaint/primer/rust look atm

punto

her in doors motor due a belt change soon and along with a service that will be it. maybe see if i can talk her into a dump valve :)

pug 405

the venerable workhorse is still with me and fast approaching 200k miles :) (only 2000 to go) again due belts soon other than that sort ouf the drivers side leccy windo which hasnt worked for nigh on a year now and maybe if i feel really generous a wash(thats 14 months and counting now since i last seen its lovely white paintwork :)

Reply to
Rob

Still attempting to replace the TI, and still failing miserably to buy anything !

Reply to
Nom

Presumably that would be the same 24v unit as the Senator one I was talking about.

Reply to
Depresion