Winter plans?

Xr2

Locate and Fit a Dashboard Fit some sweet guages, and the speedo cable Replace the steering column and fit the new ignition bits and pieces Fit new top mounts Smooth body, prime, buy and fit XR2 bodykit, spray it all Plumb up the fire extingusher system.

Yeehah!

Ren

I don't know anything about senators, he implyed they were different so I stated I would prefer the gsi 3000 24v.

I was talking about the 3.0 v6 and for your information it has been done in mk3 and mk2 astras and also used in a rwd turbo'd cavalier, I can provide links to all of them if you wish. And there is only one way to find out information to be able to "know what the f*ck I am talking about" and that is to "do it", some times I wonder why I post on a "modifications" group where nearly everyone seems to own cars which arn't modified, and just talk shit?

I thought he was refering to the 3.0 v6.

Reply to
REMUS

hey take that back! i have a momo wheel :)

Reply to
Vamp
216 gti :)

any dropping the engine off the mounts for timing belt changes gen :)

had one a few years back lovely 5 door un great fun and quicker than my 8v astra gte i had at the time too :)

Reply to
Rob

Yep. That's why they now have the 1.9 alfa / fiat engine instead - very very nippy.

Reply to
Tim S Kemp

Yeah, like Bollox my cars have never been modified. Estelle: Alloys, lower profile tyres, adjustable shocks, modified interior using Mountney, S-Racing, OMP, and Tim components and Celica front seats with rapid rears, uprated brake pads, bigger carb, K&N and Exhaust system. Favorit: Coilovers, air filter, wider tyres, Cobra buckets, CD player, custom kickpods and a stealth shelf with 7x10's, S-Racing X3 wheel and other accessories, Sebring Back box. Saab: Air filter, custom CAI, tweaked APC, adjustable shocks, CD payer and uprated speakers in the factory fit size, and the first and second generation CarPC. Celica: Simota cone filter, SARD dump valve, removed bonnet sound deadening to save weight and increase heat escape, removed engine undertray to allow more cooler air under the oil pan, have bought an IC form an FMIC install (just need to sort pipe work), assembling parts for the generation 3 CarPC, looking for a 3 pod gauge holder to put in a proper boost gauge, AF gauge, and oil pressure gauge. Will be decatting and replacing the system with a larger bore stainless one within the next year.

Them modified enough for you?

Reply to
Sleeker GT Phwoar

Yea well, i'm putting a twin supercharged 3.0 24v GSI 3000 engine into the back of my Nova. And its having 4wd. So there :p

Hmm, that would actually go quite well :D

Reply to
DanTXD

This one's £255 -

but has done 235k, but then, it is only £255. White, Mk2 5 door for that those can't be arsed/don't care to look :)

Reply to
DanTXD

Hmmmm, i wonder what i've been doing today then!

Reply to
Carl Gibbs

hehe I said "nearly", your car is sexy enough without any mods man :)

Reply to
REMUS

Who is sucking whose knob now? (c:

Douglas

Reply to
Douglas Payne

I really don't know what you mean *wipes his mouth* :P

There arn't many cars, that people on this group own that I actually like. Vamps is one of the few.

Reply to
REMUS

I might as well join in here...

My modified cars?

Mk2 RS2000 158 bhp at flywheel, 5 speed, Konis, custom made stainless pipe.

Sapphire Cosworth, big valve polished and ported head, 36 lb boost, AP Racing clutch, Konis, fully rosejointed suspension, modified diff with diesel cwp, double intercooler, 17"s, RS500 rear wishbones, BBR full stainless system, blueprinted motor, head bolt conversion, RS500 8 injector set up, specially mapped chip. AC Cobra 5th gear and layshaft. 528 bhp @ flywheel @ 7000 rpm (would rev to 8000, but the rolling road maxed out at

528 bhp)

Golf GTi Mk2, Bilsteins, funky cam, lightened and balanced ? bhp

Golf GTi Mk2 16v, Bilsteins, chip, exhaust etc 150 bhp

Mk2 Escort, TVR Power 5.0 V8, SD1 Vitesse gearbox, "baby atlas" LSD axle

Carlton GSi 3000 24v, custom exhaust, custom chip, Lotus crank and rods (3.6)

Mk4 Cortina 2.8 injection. 160 bhp

Mk3 Cortina 2000E, exhaust, Weber 45s, cam, big valve head 145 bhp

Integrale 8v, Konis, rose jointed suspension, 4x strutbrace, quickshift, AP clutch, 270 bhp

Integrale 16v, Konis, polybushed, AP clutch, chipped, cammed, lightened and balanced, 320 bhp+

Mk1 Golf GTi, head, cam and blueprinted. Bilsteins.

Talbot Sunbeam Ti, 5.2 Rover V8, 300 bhp+

and many, many more.

Reply to
Pete M

In news: snipped-for-privacy@individual.net, Pete M decided to enlighten our sheltered souls with a rant as follows

Oh, and there's a Capri cylinder head in the boot of the Mercedes which I'm going to start work on tomorrow..

Of course we don't modify stuff in here, we just talk about it...

Why modify when you can own a Daewoo with a set of alloys?

Reply to
Pete M

13, actually, driving licence wise.

Times that by 4, and you'll be in the right ball park.

Reply to
JackH

Should of stuck a "some of" infront of "you" :P

o_0 they do say we live in a consumer society!

Reply to
REMUS

In news:cpg952$n40$ snipped-for-privacy@news7.svr.pol.co.uk, REMUS decided to enlighten our sheltered souls with a rant as follows

I passed my test 16 years ago...

Aye, I'm in the 100+ club...

Reply to
Pete M

Your only 4?

Reply to
Depresion

*shrug*

I used to get very bored, very easily.

Now... I still like to window shop so to speak, but I'm quite happy with my Golf - it's pretty unbeatable as an allround package with sensible running costs... and I'm going to look at a Mk4 one tomorrow, with a view to keeping both.

Reply to
JackH

Mentally, perhaps... ;-)

Reply to