Worth a shot?

Gotta be worth a punt surely?

Reply to
DanTXD

There's nothing to lose, but the sceptic in me just says that they're just not going to be able to negotiate those sort of discounts, if any at all. If the bloody RHA don't have an effect, I can't see this being that effective.

Reply to
AstraVanMan

If the governement take 70p/l, I pay 86p/l so that means "the oil-well owners, refineries, filling stations" make themselves 16p. Cant see us getting much discount on that from the petrol companies!

Reply to
Carl Gibbs

Oh yeah, forgot to say. We buy fuel by the tanker load (36000l and therefore no filling station costs) at least once a week, over 4 depots. There are then a further 15 ish companies with similar fuel usages, and our discount isnt that much at all!

Reply to
Carl Gibbs

If the government take 70p/l on straight unleaded, that makes the pump price

133p/litre - or 154p/litre for ULSP.

Which isn't happening - for pump price of 86p/litre, the govt takes 63p for UL, or 60p for ULSP.

Still, you're not going to be able to squeeze a 5p discount out of 23p, let alone 10p, so your main point stands.

cheers, clive

Reply to
Clive George

Eh? How'd you work that out? I just took it off that site!

Suppose its worth a try though. I mean 5p off a litre of fuel will probably give me enough extra money each week to buy half a pint of beer on a saturday night!!

Reply to
Carl Gibbs

Ah - they'll be talking bollocks then. I got it by looking up the numbers on the HMRC website and doing the relevant sums. (50.19p duty for UL, 47.1p for USLP, then add 17.5% VAT to the total).

cheers, clive

Reply to
Clive George

Or you could just do your weekly shop at tesco spend £50 and get 5p off a litre anyway.

Reply to
Depresion

Not if you ever expect to receive a Pipeline card! Maybe you'll get some junk mail out of it.

Reply to
Mark W

Well obviously i didn't use my primary address - one that i can easily filter..

Reply to
DanTXD