nearly there!

2 weeks to go from tomorrow, have the MR2 sold for £3300 so that's gone this sunday! be really sad to see it go, fantastic car! then it'll be me braded a wanker of the road in my BMW 328, can't wait :)
Reply to
Vamp

Someone got a bit of a bargain didnt they? Did it go with all the kit on it?

Reply to
Carl Gibbs

Erm.

'Chav!'

It's a slippery slope, you know.

Reply to
SteveH

no steve these are the chav versions!

yuck!

Reply to
Vamp

The difference being?

Reply to
SteveH

Yes, and at some point you'll wish you'd saved some and put it towards a house....

Reply to
AstraVanMan

*ding*

I'd be around £10k better off if I hadn't wasted money on car and bike loans when I was younger, IYSWIM.

Reply to
SteveH

You must be about 10 years younger than me..... I thought that way when I was in my early 20s.

These days, I kick myself as it probably means I'll be 60 before I retire, rather than 50.

Reply to
SteveH

Heh.

We're over there in March, with a view to buy something ASAP, rather than invest silly amounts in a pension scheme.

Reply to
SteveH

No, definitely not wise words.

I've been saying the same for the past decade, and look where that's got me....

Reply to
SteveH

To a nice home a stone's throw from God's own roads in the Welsh Valleys?

Reply to
AstraVanMan

Not as nice as the Hella ones that Eurocarparts sell - although cheaper. I've got a set on the SD1 - they're a near perfect fit. ;-)

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

LOL, until I was 36, I smoked, darnak a fair ammount, lived on burgers, kebabs, pizza, when I could, but I felt myself slowing down.

in the last year, I cut out a lot of red meat, rarely drink (actually more drank in the last month than year), I buy organic or freerange when I can, junk food is a treat not a regular, and I haven't smoked for 7 or more months.

Since then I have gained a stone, feel like shit, had a month on anti- depressents, I need to drink about 6 pints of water a day ontop of normal tea/coffee or I start to feel "tingley", I cramp at the slightest movement (calf, thigh, shoulder, neck at different times), even bending over to tie up shoe laces, or reaching for a shelf is enough to make it feel like muscles are tearing or joints are disclocating, and breathing is hard and I've developed a cough in the last couple of weeks.

It's crazy, even though I'm now technically living healthier, I'm borderline clinically obese, moody, and feeling like I'm physically dying. It's like being a teenager all over again with mood swings, growing pains and no money.

Reply to
NeedforSwede2

Owning property is over-rated IMHO. (c:

Douglas

Reply to
Douglas Payne

"Health is bad. Mmkay."

Reply to
AstraVanMan

It's from a lack of exercise. Get your bum into a gym and you'll feel heaps better for it.

Fraser

Reply to
Fraser Johnston

I go out and walk, 3-4 times a week for an hour. I've been doing that for about 2 years. I do 30 situps occasionally, and a couple of times a week do a 20 minute session on the excersise bike. I feel worse for it.

Reply to
NeedforSwede2

Yup you can't take it with you..

Reply to
Ronny

IIRC you used to MTB regularly. That's a lot more exercise than you're getting now - proper heart-pounding stuff. Walking is a start (a colleague used it as a basis for a significant change in fitness) but if your body was used to actual hard exercise, what you're doing now is just ticking over. And 20 minutes on an excercise bike is nothing - not long enough to make a proper difference.

I reckon you were living on residual fitness, and it's now run out.

Unfortunately starting again is harder. Your life doesn't have the exercise built in any more - maybe worth fixing this?

Some people can do home exercise equipment - but to a lot of people they're just tedium. It takes a lot of motivation to do it properly. A gym potentially gives some social interaction to relieve that - or an instructor to shout at you.

With the muscle issues you're having, it may be worth seeking professional help (gym again).

(Personally I wouldn't go to a gym, but then I've got the self-motivation to go out on my bike for about an hour a day.)

cheers, clive

Reply to
Clive George

you can sleep in your car, but you can't race your house.

Reply to
Pete M