XR4x4

Yeah, but a straight thru exhaust and sump gaurd sticking out the front is kinda obvious!!!

Reply to
Carl Gibbs

Who are good classic car insurers then?

Reply to
Carl Gibbs

I use Firebond. Never had to claim, of course, but they tried very hard to get me the Cherokee quote to match the Supra; anything >10 years old and not a personal import (or usually, 4x4) qualifies. You could get very low quotes, IIRC my XR4x4 was £180ish, a Mini was £87 (really), CX Safari was £156.

Richard

Reply to
RichardK

anyone know what the rules are for a car to be considered for a classic policy?

Reply to
Vamp

so my MR2 turbo won't count? :(

Reply to
Vamp

we sell old boxy shit micra's a lot at work, the last one was in cracking condition, full service history and only 60k on the clock, sold for £125 :)

Reply to
Vamp

Depending on insurer: Must be over 10 years old (some will specify more; ideally the car must have been in production 15 years ago typically), driver must have another car insured on a regular policy, driver(s) must usually be over 25, mileage will be restricted to 6,000 miles usually.

All depends on the policy and broker, but those are the basics.

Richard

Reply to
RichardK

It's an import, so very unlikely. Adrian Flux might cover it as it is a car roughly similar to one sold in the UK, but you'll need another car on the road and IIRC you're not over 25.

And if you've got a few points on your license, I doubt you'll have much luck with it...

Richard

Reply to
RichardK

approximately

I agree

Chet

Stop that !

Stoppit at once !

Reply to
Nom

Well I've spoken to the bloke and he says the gearbox and engine are both sweet. Body is a little tatty but he doesnt think there's any structural rust, and it sailed through an MoT in Jan with no comments. I really want it, but this brake problem that has me undecided. The brake system is weird - there's no servo, it uses the ABS pump for pressure (i guess that's the spherey thing RK referred to). Maybe just a case of replacing the pump, but who knows!

Hopefully driving over to Kent to look at it next week though.

Reply to
Carl Gibbs

Mine, D reg, didn't have ABS. The diffs make it hard to lock the wheels anyway. Watch for non-functioning centre diff - you end up with a rear drive car.

Reply to
Tim S Kemp

Pah, suits me!

Reply to
Carl Gibbs

Which part; I can have a looksee at it for you if it's not too far from Canterbury, if you like. :-)

-- JackH

Reply to
JackH

KMHA... ;)

Reply to
Carl Gibbs

Kazakstani Men's Healthfood Association?

Peter

Reply to
AstraVanMan

CBNC :)