Wildly OT: Catching a Mole

Some of you know I'm a moderator of the forums over at

Some of you know I fell out with the Ka Klub for reasons too long to detail in Usenet -

Anyway, so strike me down if I'm wrong, but I have reason to believe that some Ka Klubbers have nothing better to do with their time than strike up a new user name and cause trouble in the MyKa forum. I need a valid reason for banning people.

I'm manually compiling a list of IP addresses but it's slow going. I figure if I can cross reference something I'm on to a winner.

I have to be fairer than fair otherwise I'm just kicking out Klubbers because they're Klubbers. :)

Anybody any tips for catching the mole, if there is one? Or proving otherwise?

I hope I'm wrong about this... Hopefully they're not that sad to be doing this.

Reply to
DervMan

That doesn't make much sense to me to be honest, when I look at the 2 big polo forums in the UK that are competing a bit there is the occasional friendly banter between them but both are happy to link to and have liked posts that are relevant.

You can never count out the sadness of a Ka owner. ;)

What are you trying to cross reference with, the Ka Klub's forum?

Oh and while you are banning people stick hyndesy in, Lexus lights must be a banning offence.

Reply to
Depresion

hold on, there's a ka club? and a ka magazine? and they fell out with you? you must have really upset them tesco shopping mum's and there KA's :)

Reply to
Vamp

When i was havin probs with some people on retro i looked at the IP's, seen they all had the same amount of digits (12, might be the same person on there) and banned all of those with similar IP's.

Its kinda lonely there now

PS Anyone know why i can't login?

:P

Reply to
Chet

Nor I really. I'll never know the real reason, only the published reason.

Reply to
DervMan

LOL.

We've already removed two trouble makers, heh.

Reply to
DervMan

They seemed to just be upset that somebody _dared_ do something off their own backs without "official" support.

It's all bollucks, Ford doesn't acknowledge the Ka Klub by any stretch.

Then they get all indignant that I stand up to them by telling the world what happened. "You can't do that, you had better leave." Or words to that effect.

Reply to
DervMan