2003 or 2004 Cobra Pricing X or A? Price Gouging!

Pretty much, if you're looking for 500hp, you're gonna have to change something, and perhaps cause a warranty issue.

However, that said, you're much closer in the Cobra, and the internals are built to handle far more power. I'd feel better putting a bigger blower on an engine already so equipped. Consider all of the DSM guys putting bigger turbos on their Lasers and Eclipses, or the SVO guys running more boost in their turbo 2.3 Mustangs. If you strapped even the stock turbo from an SVO onto a non-turbo engine, you'd probably burn a hole in your pistons or snap a rod in two before you got much excitement out of it. The engine is just built to handle extra stresses and then a reliability factor. Warranty hopefully wouldn't be as much of an issue as it would probably be less prone to breaking, even with a slightly less than optimal tune.

Someone looking for stock Cobra power, and power alone would definately be better off buying the GT and strapping on a blower... definately.

JS

Reply to
JS

To upgrade the entire car to Cobra specifications probably would be more expensive.. (don't forget the IRS swap and brake system as well) but if you're just looking for 390 bhp, a GT would be more cost effective.

JS

Reply to
JS

Absolutely JS. My goals on this however are well in the 600hpish range at the wheels.

-- Admin

a Free State Of The Art Ford Mustang Member Page!Admin's Profile:
this thread:

Admin

ah, I forgot about the IRS too. Yeah, that way it would cost way more. I don't think I would ever swap the solid axle out for the IRS. With the right shocks and control arms it handles quite well.

Rein

The Z plan I was given a price for today is:

2004 GT vert.

Sticker: 31,165 Dlr Inv: 28,737.52 Z Plan: 27,526.52 Rebates: 2,500.00

Final: 25,026.52

I would have scooped it up today but I still have 5 lease payments left. I am tempted to order it, by the time it comes in I'll have 4 payments left, so the rebates will eat those up and still save me a few buck. My final cost should be around 27k if I buy it within the next month or so. So the Z plan saved me 3,638.48 off of sticker,

1,211 off of invoice. That is approx 4.4%.

The Billy

Reply to
True Hockey Historian

True Hockey His thats the price for a new Cobra?!?!?!

Oh wait, thats a GT vert.

-- Admin

a Free State Of The Art Ford Mustang Member Page!Admin's Profile:
this thread:

Admin

Sorry mate, I thought you would like an example of the price break on the Z plan.....sorry for wasting your time.

Sheesh.

The Billy

Reply to
True Hockey Historian