2005 Mustang spotted in Arizona !

This morning I was driving in Chandler, AZ down Arizona avenue. All of a sudden I see two mustangs going the opposite way and they were....2005 mustangs ! woohoo. I was on my way to something, otherwise I would have whipped a U-ey and followed them.

Rein
** This morning I was driving in Chandler, AZ down Arizona avenue. All of ** a sudden I see two mustangs going the opposite way and they ** were....2005 mustangs ! woohoo. ** I was on my way to something, otherwise I would have whipped a U-ey ** and followed them.

I want some of your stash, Man! They both were '05's? Where the hell would anyone get one of these so early?

-JD

Reply to
JD Adams

at 28 Feb 2004, JD Adams [ snipped-for-privacy@all.com] wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com:

Probably automotive journalists doing a piece or somebody associated with Ford doing a test drive of sorts.

Reply to
Paul

maybe went to a proving ground. Or reporters to shoot some nice shots around here. They were 05's, positive. Remove NO-SPAM from email address when replying

Reply to
Rein

Where abouts in Chandler? I live near the 101 and Chandler Blvd.

Andy

Reply to
Andy Budwill
** maybe went to a proving ground. Or reporters to shoot some nice shots ** around here. They were 05's, positive.

I'll be damned. I'd make a fool of myself if I spotted one. I'm dying to see if they're anything like the show version.

-JD

Reply to
JD Adams

There are over a hundred test mules of that car on the road today :). You can tell the early versions because they still have camoflage paint on them ;).

Dan

2003 Cobra convertible With some stuff and things
Reply to
Dan

yeah, the front was normal paint (gray) but the rear had some weird camo paint.. dark with brown dots. Remove NO-SPAM from email address when replying

Reply to
Rein

The 05 mustangs were driving south on Arizona Avenue (87), near Germann.

Rein

Well, this must be a busy area with them because I spotted them again today ! On my ride home today I noticed 3 white 05 mustangs at the gasstation I was just passing ! I took the next turn and pulled into the gasstation and had a good look at the 3. They were white mustangs, and the middle section had a black and white dotted plastic film on it to cover up the sides mainly. I was so close to it that I could still see the structure of the sides. I must say, the car looks very plain. No side scoops of any significance, very flat.. almost no lines. Very basic. The rear and the fronts were just as we see on the pictures. Looks pretty good I must say. They had two v8's (2 exhaust tips) and one v6 ( one exhaust tip) The v8's had the extra lights in the grill, the v6 didn't. They were obviously doing some testing since there was a wire going to the left rear wheel center. I took a peek inside (windows were open) and the dash looked pretty much like the pictures we've all seen. They had some computer mounted to process whatever they measure. They filled up and were writing down all kinds of stuff in logbooks. Pretty interesting. The cars looked like they were close to production ready. The only thing is the sides of it.. The inside looked ready also.

Rein

----------------

You gotta carry a good digital camera, bro! Wanna see, wanna see!!! All the publicity shots are pretty useless. I am dying to see pics of the car on the street, photographed in an honest way.

Reply to
WideGlide

I know. I am going to keep my digital camera in the car. I'll try to hit the same stretch again around the same time tomorrow and coming days.

Rein

I'd be surprised if the new one (given I've seen it) isn't much more aerodynamic than the 1999-2004 bodied car. It is much sleeker looking, but I've not seen any kind of tests on this.

-Rich

Reply to
Richard

I saw a bright red one in Tucson last week. It was coming at me so I didn't get a long study time. Neat looking car. Going to obsolete my 2003:)

Al

Reply to
Big Al

Spotted them again on Friday. Same gas-station, same time. Remove NO-SPAM from email address when replying

Reply to
Rein