aftermarket 2006 GT Rear Spoiler... or custom ????

Hey !

I saw a black 2006 GT Today with a rear spoiler that I have never seen before. Obviously, an aftermarket spoiler. Though, I'm beginning to think that the owner of that Car made the spoiler himself from scratch. I spent half an hour on the internet and couldn't find any aftermarket spoilers that look anything like what he had. The spoiler looked like what you'd see on a

1970's funny car. It was one single tall thin fin about twelve to sixteen inches tall. It also had the silver stripes on it to match the ones on the car. Has anyone seen anything like that on a 2006 GT ??? I was thinking that it was made from scratch, because I did something similar to my 1976 Chevy Monza back in 1985 when I was a Sr. in High School. I got a spoiler off the rear of a Monza that I found in the bone yard. I used very thin sheet metal to form the new shape of the spoiler. I made it look just like a 1970's Funny Car rear spoiler. Two large flaps sticking up on either side with a lower spot in the center. Once I had the sheet metal done, I used fiberglass strips to cover it over. I used bondo for the finishing touches. Lots of sanding followed. Afterwards, I took it to a local body shop that primed it for me and painted it the color of my Monza. That spray job cost me twice what I paid for the bone yard spoiler and the gallon of bondo ! When it was all done, it bolted right up and looked amazing !!! I'm kicking myself for never taking a photo of it. At any rate... Has anyone seen that kind of an aftermarket spoiler on a 2006 GT ???

Thanx !!

Michael

Reply to
Michael

I don't know why you'd want a spoiler 16" high, but this Co. sells "Duck tail" style spoilers.

GILL