American thunder cat back

Does anyone have one, and do you like it? Is it louder than other comparably priced cat backs?

Reply to
BeverlyOmasta

I have them on my Cobra. I like them. It really gave it a meaner rumble, but not overly obnoxious.

-Franklin '96 Cobra

Reply to
WhyteStang

Ok, I just have to ask.

Why in the F do you think you have to make your car sound obnoxious? Wouldn't a nice deep rumble be good and not piss off everyone within a 6 block radius?

At this rate, why not just put on a fart can ricer muffler and let her rip

Kate

Reply to
SVTKate

I put them on my cobra (97 convertible) they are loud and personally i would go to borla or bassani next time as they are great when you are alone in your car having fun but not if your trying to have a conversation.. My cobra is now in heaven , run over by a truck, and i'm looking forward to getting another. Borla and Bassani are good for life of your car. excobra boy (7 convert.

Reply to
cobra boy

btw, hows the hunt going cobra boy?

Carl

Reply to
Carl Saiyed

I was saying its not obnoxious in a good way. Gave it a nice ballsy sound but nothing ridiculous, which is what I wanted.

-Franklin '96 Cobra

Reply to
WhyteStang

i would def recommend it

sound is purely subjective, and it is the #1 reason to buy an aftermarket exhaust. to me, flowmaster sounds the best of all i have heard on a mustang

one thing tho - the quality basically sux, and actually i switched to borla stingers on my car because of fitment problems.

best of luck with whatever you choose

Reply to
Christopher Shea