Back in the saddle again -- Tungsten's 2003 Mach 1

Hey, Tim! Was thinking about you the other day when I went to roll down the windows in the Mach and missed the convenience of the passenger auto-down kit. ;)

Reply to
Tungsten

LMAO... I'm going to get you a good 12 second timeslip soon. ;)

I was thinking of just getting some old Pony rims (16") to throw some MT's on for the track, if I ever do take it to the track. I'm somewhat reluctant to go and break something.

Thanks. Maybe more of us will start showing back up in here now that warmer weather is starting to set in and the cars are being brought out of winter storage.

Reply to
Tungsten

LOL... don't hate! Think if it as me aquiring more debt!

Reply to
Tungsten

No blower, stick axle instead of IRS, and the VIN code says it's a GT even though it carries the "R" model designation which historically only the Mach has.

Reply to
Tungsten

What gears? I have 3.73.

Reply to
WindsorFox[SS]

Fortunately I have a vehicle that is worth a tad more than an 03 Cobra to trade on. If I ever find one....

Reply to
WindsorFox[SS]

Same here, 3.73's. It would be fair to note that I also went to the big and little Weld Rodlites at the same time thus shaving a pretty good chunk of unsprung weight so a couple of hun can certainly be attributed to that but the increase in the bite between the skinny sidewall 17's and the much wider sidewall 15's is very significant. The overall diameter was the same between the 2 sets of tires.

I've got a set of 4.30's ready to go in with my new 31-spline Auburn Pro setup though and I'm really anxious to see how that perks up the little GT!

1998 GT Coupe 5-spd. Bright Atlantic Blue K&N FIPK, Tri-Ax, 3.73's, FRPP Coated Shorties, SpeedCal, P&P 2K Heads, 2K Intake, Bassani X-Pipe, Bassani Cat-Back, Subframe Connectors, JMS Chip, GMS MAF, Accufab Throttle Body, Eagle Alloy Wheels
NObluestang98

4.30s would be a lot of fun. There's a guy over on ModularFords with a car identical to mine running very low 12's with just a 31-spline rear, 4.30 gears and a tubular K-member and a-arms.

I posted a thread about it on TNSpeed just to rattle some cages. I may give in and take this thing to the track once just to see what it'll do, but I think i will wait til I get some slightly stickier tires on it first. Looking at some new wheels and rubber. ;)

Reply to
Tungsten

I have actually entertained the idea of selling (or trying to) the 4 lug Cobra R repros I have and going to the Welds. I didn't do it at the tiem because 9 out of 10 V8 Mustangs at the time had them and the repro R codes were brand new.

Reply to
WindsorFox[SS]

You forgot another thing; half the insurance premium.......

My 03 cobra is costing me quite a bit per month. And I have a clean record.

Reply to
RT

On my insurance the 03 Cobra will cost me about $12 more every six months than my 03 Murano.

Reply to
WindsorFox[SS]

sooooo.... that doesn't mean anythign to me.. is the murano high (4 wheel drive???) or the cobra low ?

Reply to
RT

The Nissan is about $140 more than my 89 LX.

Reply to
WindsorFox[SS]