Bondo over POR15?

Does anyone know if it's OK to apply Bondo® over POR 15®? I'm doing some minor repairs under the front fenders on the "inner fenders" (apron), that mostly won't show. Thanks,

Dave

'72 mach 1

Reply to
nospam

I'd contact the manufacturers and ask.

Reply to
Spike

Good idea, I had planned to if no one here had ever done it before. Thanks, Dave

Reply to
nospam

I do that with a lot of my projects.... not just cars.... and sometimes check with more than one manufacturer to see if their response is close rather than opposites.

Reply to
Spike

Reply to
scott and barb

It may not work. I used POR15 in the trunk of my 71 GS455. After it dried I sprayed it with spatter paint and then shot it with clear. The next time it had water run over it, it all ran. If you do it, you may have to rough up the surface a bit for it to adhere. For my 72 Skylark, once the POR15 became tacky, I sprayed it with spatter paint. It doesn't run when wet now.

Steve E.

72 Skylark Custom455
Reply to
A Guy Named Steve