Canada and methanol

Some politicians here and interested parties (those who make it) are pushing a 10% methanol content for gas. It's cleaner, claimed to be cheaper (???). However, Sunoco pumps states "contains up to 10% methanol" right now. Is Sunoco the only company doing this??

-Rich

Reply to
Richard

Living in Alberta, I don't get to see many Sunoco stations. Mohawk sells a gasohol blend but, IIRC, they use ethanol which is less corrosive than methanol...

BTW, Mohawk is a subsidiary of Husky Oil

Reply to
Jim Warman

Mokawk used to advertise it as EM-Unleaded so I think it was an ethanol/methanol mix blended with the gasoline.

Reply to
Rob