ebay -- wtf is this?

What is this?

-Mike

Reply to
<memset

Another boat cabin ventilation fan.

Reply to
Brent P

It's a bilge blower..... the absolute hot set up - for clearing fumes from the bilge on a smallish boat. In a real pinch you could use it to spread heat from a small space heater. You might even use it as a dust blower if you have a scrollsaw.......

200 CFM is a real stretch of the imagination even at a whopping '0' pounds of boost.

Jim Warman

An electric fan. Maximum boost - a few inches of water!

Reply to
John

Yeah, that'll work as a killer supercharger... For my lawnmower!

Reply to
Cory Dunkle

Can't believe it's selling.

Wcdiver

I doubt it could pull much more than an inch!

jriegle

$177.50 Sheesh!!

Reply to
Scott Williams
** $177.50 Sheesh!!

Hard to believe anyone would pay that much for junk like this. P.T. Barnum was right. I'm sure the buyer will install this along with his intake-swirler device, expecting another 150 hp. at idle. Add fuel line magnets and a bottle of Slick 50, and he will be looking for 9's at the track.

Has anyone taken a close look at this? It appears at first glance to be cast aluminum, but upon closer inspection, looks more like spray-painted plastic, as the inside is the same color as the rest of the unit. I don't even see a wiring harness. You'd think that all that 2-guage wiring to drive that monster supercharger would be visible.

-JD

-------------------------------- Enlightenment for The Masses: http:/207.13.104.8/users/jdadams--------------------------------

Reply to
JD Adams
** I doubt it could pull much more than an inch!

I wondered about the intelligence of someone who would buy crap like this, so I did some digging.

Want a laugh? Check out what this guy has been buying off eBay:

Whoever spotted this gem, thank you for the comedic relief.

-JD

-------------------------------- Enlightenment for The Masses: http:/207.13.104.8/users/jdadams--------------------------------

Reply to
JD Adams

I gota see his ford probe when he gets all that crap on there. That will be the punchline for sure.

Reply to
Brent P

I bet that hood scoop is worth at least a good 50hp on his Probe.

Jason S.

Jason S

Riceprobe, too bad.

Reply to
Scott Williams

Cory Dunkle

I got to start selling rice boy crap....

Reply to
Brent P
** He paid $10 for a single resistor! I can get a 5 pack at Radio Shack for 99 ** cents.

He bought one of *those*? I didn't get that far into his purchases, but it sounds typical. I remember one guy who sold a dog turn painted gold once; brought in about $40 bucks if I remember correctly.

My favorite eBay sale was the 'temporary girlfriend'. For a high bid, you get to write back and forth (god knows what you would want to say) and play show-n-tell with your friends using the letters. After 30 days, you get to dump her any way you wish. She will even beg you not to and cry a bit, if you want.

-JD

-------------------------------- Enlightenment for The Masses: http:/207.13.104.8/users/jdadams--------------------------------

Reply to
JD Adams
** I got to start selling rice boy crap....

Seriously. We're in the wrong business, Man.

Actually, I've done this. I sold a pair of Mustang GT Windshield Wiper Covers for about $11.00 last year. They were, in reality, a pair of plastic black table leg caps that sold for $.39 cents at a local hardware store; I had an extra package and noticed that they fit the wiper studs perfectly, and I *had* to see if anyone was stupid enough to actually buy crap like that.

Wait, hold the phone.

Okay, you'll love this one. When I changed out my old O2 sensors last year, I managed to eBay the used set for nearly $90.00. I didn't lie about their age or condition either. I *did* however, clean them up with a bit of steel wool before photographing because they looked pretty scroungy. The guy that bought them didn't ask anything about their age or mileage. How lame is that???

I sold a set of used OEM shocks as well a few years ago too. Post it, and they will come.

-JD

-------------------------------- Enlightenment for The Masses: http:/207.13.104.8/users/jdadams--------------------------------

Reply to
JD Adams

I think I have an oem strut or two laying around. Threw some of the shocks/struts out when I moved. They were dead. I think I saw one strut in the truck of the beater car a month ago...

Reply to
Brent P