solid motor mounts

Anyone know of some solid motor mounts for a 68 Mustang (for a smallblock?) All I can find is total control, but they're like $200. Anyone else? Thanks Mark

-- snipped-for-privacy@tisd.net

Reply to
mark james

Is this a street/strip or strip-only car?

Reply to
CobraJet

Try Moroso.... that's where I remember getting the motor mounts for project runner...... Resist the urge to replace the trans mount - unless the car is super stiff to start with, I believe that torsional stresses may lead to catastrophic failure of something expensive.

YMMV

Jim Warman

Well, it appears the original poster is in a coma. Those of you that want some tough mounts in between OEM and solid go to mrgasket.com and pull up the Lakewood .pdf catalog. See page 25. You late model types with sticks should have this catalog, too.

CobraJet

Reply to
CobraJet

Energy Suspension has a package that is also between OEM and solid. I'm running these on my car and I'm very pleased with them. I got them from Summit for about $150 delivered.

Reply to
Joe Cilinceon

"mark james"wrote in a message:

A cheap alternative to solid motor mounts, if your on a budget, is to drill a hole for a 7/16 or 1/2 bolt through the 2 metal pates and rubber on your stock motor mounts, and put a bolt through and put a nut on it. Make sure you take a hammer and peen the end of the bolt threads over so the nut can't back off. Not only do you get the effects of a solid motor mount, but you never have to worry about the rubber breaking in the motor mount, for the cost of 2 bolts and 2 nuts and your time to take them out and drill the holes and put them back. I've done this many times and it works great.

Gary Drag Racers live by the code set down years ago: "If some is good, more is better, and too much is just right".

Reply to
GEB

has info on turning old motor mounts solid. I did this once when I owned an MR2. You basically take the old mounts out, and pour this hard urethane into them as though they are a mold. Worked good.

John

Reply to
John Shepardson