First mod

Hey guys i want to mod out my 03 gt. Its a 5 spd. First i want to do some bad ass sounding exhuast. Im leaning more towards bassani but is it worth the price? I mean i really really want something that is ground shakingly loud... Regards joe

Reply to
joe

Wouldn't you rather pay for "fast" rather than "loud"? There are exhaust systems that will give you better flow, which equals more hp/torque, and aren't "ground shakingly" loud....

If all you want is to be annoyingly loud, you should have bought a Honda and installed an 8 inch fart can.

Iggy '01 Dyna Super Glide '96 Mustang GT Convertible Keep your powder dry and don't let your meat-loaf. :o)

Reply to
SRQEagan

Mod #1 should be a new shifter, absolutely, without question, this is a rule you must obey in order to post in this group. Insolence in regard to this directive will yield nothing flames from here to eternity... a veritable Mustang Hell.

Okay, so maybe that's a little overboard but please replace that stock piece o' crap before you start diddling with anything else.

As for the exhaust question, try a Magnaflow O/R X-Pipe with the MagnaPack catback. That's one seriously loud mofo.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Tom

1998 GT Coupe 5-spd. Bright Atlantic Blue K&N FIPK, Tri-Ax, 3.73's, FRPP Coated Shorties, SpeedCal, P&P 2K Heads, 2K Intake, Bassani X-Pipe and Cat-Back, Subframe Connectors, JMS Chip, Eagle Alloy Wheels
bluestang98

I agree with Tom... Get a Tri Ax or a Pro 5.0 first. Then put some gears in it - 3:73s or 4:10s

Check with your local PD about the sound regulations in your neck of the woods. Too loud may mean tickets, and fix-it tickets. Unwanted attention from the nice policeman who is looking for a kid to mess with. You would spend all that money, and then have to take it right back off again.

The other point Tom made was that it doesn't have to be abrasive to perform. There is something to be said for keeping your car respectable. More go fast - less ridicule and criticism should be a definite goal.

If you like it blasting and abrasive, you should have bought a Harley.

Kate

98 Cobra Drop Top

| | Mod #1 should be a new shifter, absolutely, without question, this is | a rule you must obey in order to post in this group. Insolence in | regard to this directive will yield nothing flames from here to | eternity... a veritable Mustang Hell. | | Okay, so maybe that's a little overboard but please replace that stock | piece o' crap before you start diddling with anything else. | | As for the exhaust question, try a Magnaflow O/R X-Pipe with the | MagnaPack catback. That's one seriously loud mofo. | | - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - | Tom | | 1998 GT Coupe 5-spd. Bright Atlantic Blue | K&N FIPK, Tri-Ax, 3.73's, FRPP Coated Shorties, SpeedCal, | P&P 2K Heads, 2K Intake, Bassani X-Pipe and Cat-Back, | Subframe Connectors, JMS Chip, Eagle Alloy Wheels |

SVTKate

I would do the shifter first, that is a must. But before I done the gears, I'd put in frame connectors. We all know that as soon as you get them broken in, there is the temptation to really romp on it to see what all the fuss is about with the rear gear change. ;-)

Aaaaaah, my kind of gal! Not many understand the concept of the sleeper! I've always loved the sound of stock exhaust through long tube headers. And you can still hear the radio without turning it all the way up!

Reply to
GEB

What purpose do frame connectors serve? Pardon my ignorance.

-Mike

Reply to
memsetpc

"memset" wrote in a message:

Mike: It stiffens up the chassis and eliminates chassis flex, or body twisting. You'll know you have the problem when you start seeing the paint starting to crack. I never had that problem, cause the first thing I do is put frame connectors in.

Reply to
GEB