Exhaust Price Question

I have a '03 Cobra vert & wanted to change the exhaust. I went to the local Ford SVT dealership to get a recommendation and estimate. Was told to get (surprise) FR500 catback w/x-pipe (unsure of what kind). Questions:

1) Is this a good setup? I'd like more power and a louder, deeper sound without the droning of Flowmaster. 2) What is a good price including installation - I am not talented enough to install on my own (by far).

Thanks!

Reply to
Concrete Man

Well, like anything, the good stuff is gonna be expensive. Stainless steel systems are the best for longevity and it seems that the 03-up Cobra guys are mostly leaning towards the Magnaflow X and catback systems although there are several other nice choices out there. Check out Houston Performance

or Thunderbolt Motorsports for pricing on the gear. You're on your own for an installer but no matter where you are there's bound to be a few shops that can give you a quote. Also, for more info from some very knowledgeable folks, try
or
.

1998 GT Coupe 5-spd. Bright Atlantic Blue K&N FIPK, Tri-Ax, 3.73's, FRPP Coated Shorties, SpeedCal, P&P 2K Heads, 2K Intake, Bassani X-Pipe and Cat-Back, Subframe Connectors, JMS Chip, Eagle Alloy Wheels
bluestang98

Reply to
cobra boy