FS: '93 LX 5.0

1993 LX 5.0 AOD hatch, original owner, Ft. Lauderdale 159,000 miles, some goodies including Cobra intake, subframes, 3.73 Auburn, cc plates, etc.
Reply to
Joe

Sounds like you are going through the same thing I went through a couple of months ago. Have you settled on a price yet?

Reply to
Michael Johnson

Michael Johnson wrote in news:FpqdnUOZp8KRqaDVnZ2dnUVZ snipped-for-privacy@giganews.com:

Not really, but I'm starting at around $5k. It still runs great as is, and it'll also make a great project car.

So what happened with your LX - do you still have it?

Reply to
Joe

It is still sitting in the garage. I figure it needs to be road ready to get the most money out of it. Who knows, maybe once it is running I won't want to get rid of it. It will be the test drive that sells it.

Your price is a good for the car but then I don't know how much gas prices are effecting car sales nowadays. I thought your son was taking it over.

Reply to
Michael Johnson

Michael Johnson wrote in news:TtKdnXwnVf2gP6DVnZ2dnUVZ snipped-for-privacy@giganews.com:

With almost 160k miles, I wouldn't feel comfortable with him having it at school.

Long story short, we bought him an '03 Subaru Impreza WRX AWD Sport Wagon with only 37k on the clock (no, it's not an STi). Intercooled, turbocharged boxer 4-banger (horizontally opposed pistons, like Porsche and Corvair) that redlines at 7k. 227hp/217tq, AWD, a 5-speed, and 16" directionals all around. Weighs a tad over 3,000lb. Awesome doesn't even come close to describing it. Ultra-cool machine.

Here's what it looks like, only his is dark blue to the point where it looks black:

Joe

The Subaru is a much more useful car than the LX and it probably performs better in all respects too. Plus, it is the "in" car for his age group. Will there be a replacement for the LX?

Reply to
Michael Johnson

Michael Johnson wrote in news:FtednUGbRvYCfqDVnZ2dnUVZ snipped-for-privacy@giganews.com:

Nope - I need the money to help with the purchase of the WRX.

Reply to
Joe

That boy had better appreciate your sacrifice. ;) Maybe he can replace it with another one when he gets that high paying engineering job when he graduates.

Reply to
Michael Johnson

Michael Johnson wrote in news:L- CdnQD3Dq6Ce6PVnZ2dnUVZ snipped-for-privacy@giganews.com:

Intercooled,

He was torn more than I was. He wanted me to keep the LX so we could restore it later, but the WRX was more than he could resist. I, being the practical one, saw the obvious decision: The LX goes up for sale.

Michael, you know the affinity you have for the 240SX? Take a drive in a WRX and see if the 240SX doesn't go down the toilet in a heartbeat. The combination of AWD and a 230hp intercooled turbo is nothing to take lightly. ;)

Reply to
Joe

I think anything with AWD, that small and 200+ hp would perform like hell. It couldn't help it. That is one rice rocket I could drive daily. Maybe that and the Mitsubishi variant. I have always like the boxer four they use in the Subarus. It just seems like a natural layout for smoothness, compactness and lowering the center of gravity for better handling.

Mustangs come and go so the idea of rebuilding one is never off the table. By the time you two would be finished with the car it would be just about as endeared to you as the one you have in the garage, IMO.

Reply to
Michael Johnson

I test drove one of them, real nice, the AWD has a real smooth feeling to it. more in control. Not the learchy two wheel drive spinning back tires of mustang.

Reply to
gernic

I spent 11 years with a 1978 Mustang II hatchback, six cylinder automatic. At the recent local Mustang show, there were all of TWO Mustang IIs on display, one a red hatchback with an interior that must have been very close to my own. I looked at it, and it seemed completely foreign to me. I couldn't remember sitting in that driver's seat, looking at all of that brushed aluminum on the dash.

In sum, I've had four Mustangs come and go. I'm still on numbers 4 and 6 at the moment. I've never been attracted to anything out of Asia, and very few cars out of the U.S. I guess I'm just stuck on Mustangs.

On the flip side, my wife (Ms. Ford Escape) stunned me the other day, when she said that she'd really like to have a BMW convertible... Now THAT would be a major shift in automotive preference.

dwight

Reply to
dwight

Mine has been sitting in the garage for so long it feels foreign to me too.

Nothing really excites me either. I do like the idea of a hard top convertible. Those cars appear to offer the best of both worlds.

Reply to
Michael Johnson

So what you're saying is they were looking for you and caught Dwight? Hmmm, sounds like someone owes someone else a case of Bud.

Reply to
WindsorFo

Not hardly. We're talking about a highway that has its own website

There are periodic short stretches of cattle chutes, overhead bridges being replaced, lane widening. In truth, not the place to be speeding anyway. But, human nature being what it is, traffic speeds up between the construction zones, and that's where the police are waiting. This is a heavily travelled corridor (completely clogged every morning and afternoon, a constant fixture in the local traffic reports). We all know about the speed traps, but every once in a while the police will set up a harvest area and, really, have their choice of drivers to pull over.

Dave is talking about a nice downhill run with a sweeping turn that takes you right into the radar. In my case, it was a construction-free stretch of highway, right where it merges with a secondary highway, a spot known for bad accidents (this whole "merging" thing... so confusing!). I was one of a handful of vehicles all doing 75 or better, and the cops had their pick. They picked me.

What troubles me is that my spidey sense has worked amazingly well since my last speeding ticket in 1990. In this case, I was asleep at the wheel and cruised right into the kill zone. Stupid, stupid, stupid. I'm going to tape the citation to my sun visor.

dwight

Reply to
dwight

Second week of the '07 GT 5sp the wife got pinched in it. She got off as the young cop was suprised to see a 50yr old woman driving in a spirited fashion in a new 'stang. . Don't think a "vintage" flash would have worked anyway.......heheheh She has a Valentine One onboard full time now, and I've got a new one for me, worth the investment with ticket/insurance fees nowadays. It's been a year now and she's not been stopped yet and what was that ''annoying beep" when she rode with me has now become her friend.

Reply to
Repairman

Selling their Mustangs... what's going on here? First Mike, now you Joe?

Patrick

93 Cobra (keeping this one, for now)
Reply to
NoOption5L

Joe and I stop and consider buying a bottle of Geritol while going down the supermarket isles now.

Reply to
Michael Johnson

Michael Johnson wrote in news:r6OdnYzWXcY_RdjVnZ2dnUVZ snipped-for-privacy@giganews.com:

I'm not at the Geritol stage just yet, but I do check for bottles of cabernet sauvignon on sale every time we go...

Dealing with the Mustang is just too much of a project for the immediate future. I also need a little cash infusion given the recent state of the nation, not to mention the garage space. It's going in the local paper next week.

Reply to
Joe

I've considered it myself.

Reply to