HELP/Question re: 95 GT Ignition module/Fuel Regulator problem

Good day, My 95 GT (no mods) has been giving me an intermediate problem as of late. After the car has sat for a day or so it will not start. I have replaced the fuel filter but that has not helped. I went to advance auto (in my 2nd car) today to pick up a new fuel regulator ($49.99), while waiting for him to find the part on the computer I told him my problem. He suggested that I try cutting the ignition on 3 or 4 times (ie let the fuel pump pressurize the lines) and if it starts then, its the fuel regulator. If it does not start after doing that then it might be the ignition module. Well, I came back home and tried to start the car, will it fired right up... So I figure I will wait until later tomorrow and try and start it ie letting the pressure drop in the lines. ANY SUGGESTIONS??? Or thoughts on my minor problem? Could my problem be something else? The car sits more than it is driven. As a side note once the car starts there is no problem driving, it does not die on the road or at stops. Its just those darn startup... Thanks in advance Have a good Labor day......

Will D.

Reply to
Willy D.

It could be the fuel regulator or the fuel pump. See if you can borrow a fuel pressure gauge to measure the fuel pressure when you prime the system (key to on, not start) it should go up to around 40 psi (I think, do a search on google.) and it should stay there. if it never comes up that high your pump is probably bad. if it comes up high but loses pressure right away, the regulator is bad or one of the injectors is bad/leaking. MY guess is the fuelpump. They're known for it. How many miles does that car have ? oh, btw, do not overtighten the fuel pressure gauge onto the fuel rail. you'll break the rubber seal easily. handtight is all that is needed.

Rein

On Wed, 01 Sep 2004 16:11:07 -0700, Rein wrote: Thanks Rein for your response, it is greatly appreicated. It has 83,103 miles. Other than a rear main seal no other major repairs have occured. It is a very intermediate problem somedays it starts just fine other days its a PIA. I am taking it to a buddy of mines tomorrow (he has his own business to have the pressure checked, I will post my findings. Who knows this may help someone else down the line....

Thanks again Will D.

Reply to
Willy D.