On valve covers,what does M / T mean ? / Latest Pics

Mickey Thompson

///Mike

1993 BMW 525i
of all the old cars
Reply to
TurboMike

On 351w engine,it says M / T on the valve covers.What does that stand for? Not important,just curious.

Also my car is coming along slow but sure.Havent worked on it for 3 weeks though.It got on my nerves a bit so i thought i'd leave it alone for a while. Everythings on the rear end.Done part of interior,but when something gets on my nerves i leave it alone and start on something else,then go back to it.Assembled some of the front parts,headlights,put windows back in the doors,mirrors. Not sure where some of the weatherstrip fits,so i need some help on that if anyone is willing to give me some pointers !! I think i may have put the drivers door weatherstrip on wrong,as the door dosent shut like it should,it leaves a bit of a gap.I need to compare to a similar car,but don't know anyone round here who owns one.You can see it in one of the pics

I'm beginning to think it was a bit too much work for me to take on alone.First time i have tried to do up an old car,and i think its probably the last

Anyway,here's the pics of progress so far.Newest pics are at the end.

me

Mickey Thompson

Reply to
WindsorFox[SS]

Oh my god!

Reply to
WindsorFox[SS]

Who is he ?

Andrew

Reply to
me

Erik D.

AAAAAAARRRRRRRGGGGGGGHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Reply to
CobraJet

hey i'm new to all this stuff

Andrew

Reply to
me

Thank you

Andrew

Reply to
me

"Erik D." wrote in news:4136644D.6080108 @bellsouth.net:

Aw, Erik, I was gonna say that he sells tires. Sort of like the guy on the Tire Kingdom commercials.

Joe

Well we cant all know everything mate.Like i said,I'm new to all this stuff. To learn things,one has to ask questions,no matter how obvious they may seem to some people.

Andrew

Reply to
me

Now look, you gave the old fart a heart attack....

Reply to
WindsorFox[SS]

First set of DOT approved drag tires, M/T is most known for his tires.

Reply to
WindsorFox[SS]

Except you can't sell anything when you've been MURDERED.

Who?

Reply to
CobraJet

That's OK. I had to learn what MAF, IAC, TPS, VSS, TVC, CCP, BFD, FOAD, and of course, TIWMMOB meant. We all gotsta learn sumpin' sumtym.

Reply to
CobraJet

Sorry about that.My question maybe should have had a health warning in the subject line before i asked it :-)

Andrew

Reply to
me

You're kidding... right?

Kate

| > >On 351w engine,it says M / T on the valve covers.What does that stand | for? | > >Not important,just curious. | > >

| > ///Mike | > 1993 BMW 525i | >

| > Pics of all the old cars| >

| |

Reply to
SVTKate

It's good for CJ to ram into a glass wall now and then, keeps him humble LOL

Kate

| > > AAAAAAARRRRRRRGGGGGGGHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! | > >

| > Now look, you gave the old fart a heart attack.... | |

Reply to
SVTKate

And, to add a bit more... If your car has M/T valvecovers they are aftermarket. Someone before you put them on (just cuz they look kool!)

That used to be the first thing I did when I got a car.... Headers, M/T valve covers, and (if budged allowed) a new intake and carb !!

Reply to
Chief_Wiggum

Yee haw to that !!

Andrew