Hey Patrick...

Have you talked to anybody back in ABQ?

I just heard this in a Buick forum:

"Yes it was at the Albuquerque national dragway! The track has been repaired of all potholes after reopening last year with a new owner."

Steve

72 Skylark Custom455
Reply to
A Guy Named Steve

Yep, this is sort of true. The stage and track are in decent condition but the runoff is getting worse. The current owners don't appear to have the capital and/or desire to make it any better so I don't know where it's headed. For now, at least, it's open.

The folks at Southwest Motorsport Park (which I think was just sold) keep talking about putting a strip out there, but they've been talking for years so who knows.

. Dan

2003 Cobra convertible
Reply to
Dan

Yea, they've opened it up (and closed it) a few times since I left.

Like Dan wrote, they have another track. It's a road course, but they've yet to add a drag strip to their complex. Wouldn't matter to me though if I still lived there. That complex has an even higher elevation than Albuquerque Dragway (AD). I think it's like 6,000 + above, where AD is only (?) 5,300. How are things going in WA?

Patrick

Reply to
NoOption5L

Things are fine here. I went and fired the Buick up today to circulate a bit more antifreeze, since it's an outside car. I've picked up a Comp 9000 breakerless distributor for it and I have an MSD 6A box to go on with it. I've also got a full 3" exhaust system to install. I may have a line on a

12 bolt posi with 4.11 gears at a decent price too. I'll wait on the exhaust and the Hotchkis lower rear trailing arms until I know about the rear... much easier to do when it's out of the car.

We'll be landing in ABQ on Friday just before noon, grab some food, then head down to Portales for a few days.

It looks like I'm going to be over in Virginia again for the middle two weeks in January. The temp ought to be a lot different than they were back in May.

No trips to FL on the horizon though.

Steve

72 Skylark Custom455
Reply to
A Guy Named Steve

circulate a

Didn't you have many of these same parts on your old GS? You weren't able to keep that stuff?

Where in VA?

Bummer.

Patrick '93 Cobra '83 LTD

Reply to
NoOption5L

I had the control arms on there. But since its last year with me was spent at a storage lot, and I was living in a condo, I couldn't swap over the old trailing arms. My friends with garages lived too far away for it to be anything close to convenient to deal with. So I bought some used arms. Either way, they'd still be in my garage. I traded some valve springs for the MSD box. I had a stock distributor in the GS and no box. I did have a Pertronix for a few years in it.

A place called Quantico. I'll be staying in Stafford.

There's a conference in Dallas this year, but it's not my turn to attend. I think I just miss the cut. I should be at the 2006 conference, which may be in Boston.

Steve

72 Skylark Custom455

Reply to
A Guy Named Steve

I don't know if I should read sarcasm or fecitiousness into that one or not. I wouldn't refer to Quantico as just "a place".

-=') Don Manning

Reply to
2.3Sleeper

The part where I'll spend most of my time is like a giant habitrail... lots of tubular hallways connecting buildings. What I thought was interestingly funny was that the FBI has its own police department. You see FBI Police cars, righ in the middle of a huge military base.

Steve

72 Skylark Custom455
Reply to
A Guy Named Steve

That doesn't occur just there. Our large Army base, Ft. Sill, has a FBI contingent running around as well.

Don Manning

Reply to
2.3Sleeper