Horsepower question

I just got home from work and on the way there was a v6 stang, 07 I think toying with me. I usually just laugh at them as they are easy to beat. This guy took me all the way to 120 before I caught him. Here is my question: I have a 97 GT, all stock. I've been told it has roughly 250 hp. Can someone tell me what kind of HP a 2007 V6 has? This guy shoulda been an easy lunch for me but I actually had to try.

Gumby619

Reply to
Gumby619

a stock 96 or 97 gt will be lucky to put 180 to the rear wheels

they were rated at 215 hp

the 2005+ v6 is rated at 210hp

i have no idea how that would fare against an s197 chassis with the v6, but your sn95 chassis is considerably lighter

Reply to
Chris Shea

Your car has around 215bhp and that V6 has around 210bhp, if I remember correctly. It's been a while since I was around Mustangs professionally. It may be, however, somewhat more aerodynamic than what you raced.

Tyler Cobb, MCP

Reply to
Tyler Cobb

My 06 V6 is 210 hp, but with the Predator 93 octane tune and CIA its 235hp, I added 2 degrees advance to my timing, which made a big difference mid to upper range rpm's. Next year 4:10's are going in and I'm getting rid of the

3:31's.

He might of had the same setup, X-Cal or Predator and running a 3:73 gear. The 4.0 V6 isn't the badest beast running the streets, but its nothing to laugh at either. It'll hold its own in its class.

Reply to
chris

Yup they are sneeky, even at stock 210 they are pretty quick. When I first drove mine I was surprised at the accelaration. Very easy to increase the hp on them as well. Good supercharger kits on the market can take the hp over 300 in a V6.

Reply to
davea