How much for a mexican made 302 block.

I was considering selling my 302 block to someone that wants to make a stroker motor out of it. The engine is tired but it was running when it was pulled. Is says 'hencho en mexico' (or something like that) under the intake. The problem is that I'm not sure how much a block like this is worth. Any ballpark figures? Thanks - Erv

Reply to
Ervin Conn Jr.

$25-$50 if you can find a taker.

Reply to
351CJ

These blocks have extra gussets in the casting to make them somewhat stronger.....

However, this was done because the material was cheaper, so it was necessary.

They are often looked at favorably in the hot-rodding world, so you might be able to get a couple extra bucks out of it over norm, but I don't know what that would be.

JS

Reply to
JS

Reply to
Michael Johnson, PE

EEEEEENNK!!! I know hot rodders that paid as much as $500 for it because they are supposed to be a stronger block. That may or maynot be true, but some people believe it.

Reply to
WindsorFox[SS]

There is truth to the Mexican block being stronger. I have a Ford B50 block in the garage and it looks very much like a Mexican block. Ford rates the B50 to 600 hp which is 150 more than a standard block. The major improvement is the webs at the mains and main caps are thicker.

Reply to
Michael Johnson, PE

Thanks to you and all that responded. Now at least I have an idea. CJ - We can't ALL have big blocks. There wouldn't be any left for the BB folks to rebuild!

Here is what I installed after removing the 302...

71 Mustang Coupe with 351 Windsor. Balanced crank. TRW Forged pistons (.30) with moly rings. Comp pushrods. Harlan Sharp roller rockers on SVO GT-40 heads with motorsport covers. Edlebrock performer cam/intake/carb/timing chain/waterpump. MSD 6AL ignition/distributor/coil/wires. Flowmaster (yuck) 3 chambers with 2 1/4 pipes. Holly fuel pump. Melling oil pump. Arp SS bolts throughout.
Reply to
Ervin Conn Jr.